Soundless

Hi, my name is Sky. I've sat down and Goldfish my, probably 200 pound, cat has just sat on me. So, im not gonna be going anywhere anytime soon.

I might as well tell you all a story.

This story is about a song, and how it temporarily ruined my life.

Gavin leaped out from the driver's seat. He sprinted through the rain and around to the passenger's side. I pulled up my hoodie before he could open the door. It was our one-year-aversary and Gavin said he'd planned the most enchanting evening. Yes, those were his exact words, "most enchanting evening". Nevertheless, I had done my hair up all purdy and wasn't going to let the stupid rain ruin everything.

I still had no idea where we were or what we were going to do. Halfway through the car ride Gavin had pulled over and single-handedly forced me to put on a blind fold. I guess it was sweet how much effort he put into this, so i decided to go along with everything. I've never been much of a go out on a date person.

I heard Gavin opened the door. I could just imagine him thrusting his arm out gallently. I smiled at the thought and began to feel my way out of the car. One foot touched the wet pavement and I struggled to pull out the other. As it came loose my left knee bumped the door and I felt my ankle twist with my high heel.

I yelped but felt Gavin catch me abd help me up. I heard him snigger quietly. I decided right then that if I truly went blind, I would hire someone to see for me. I could not bear this sence of helplessness

"Can I take off the blind fold now?" I pleaded. Gavin laughed again.

"Almost there. Just hang on a bit, Sky." His hand gripped mine and he led me across the parking lot of... Nope, nevermind I still had absolutly no idea where we were.

After a series of stumbling and sniggers we finaly stopped. Gavin released his hand from my iron grip. For a second I was frozen, if I moved I was going to fall over my feet. But his hands came back to, rest on my waist.

"okay, now you can take off the blindfold"

My fingers reached up and untied the loose knot behind my head. My hood fell off but I didnt bother to put it back on. The blinfold slid off my eyes and I felt the cool air hit them.

In front of us stood a small, square building. Lights shone from the insides and from the neon sign on top of the building that said "Rumors and Balls". Sound radiated from the inside. Pounding music and people yelling over it.