Chapter 1

"Alex wake up! It's time to leave." I lifted my head up, my eyelids drooping dramatically. In my line of poor morning vision, I saw a white figure.

"What are you talking about Sam? We weren't supposed to leave until-"

"Noon I know. Well guess what, it is 11:15." I pulled myself up off the ground..wait, why was I lying on the ground?

"It can't be that late alrea-" I glanced at the clock.

Sweet monkeys of llama land.

"Whatever just get out I need to take a shower." She rolled her eyes and then left, closing the door behind her.

My family and I are going on a summer vacation to Florida, and our plane leaves at 2:00 so obviously my parents being on top of everything and all, want to leave two hours before.

I wandered over to my dresser, pulling out some denim shorts and a t shirt along with some underwear and a bra. I walked into the bathroom and turned on the water. Stripping of my pajamas I stepped into the shower and hoped the way-too-hot water would wake me up.

After my shower I pulled on my clothes and put on some deodorant and brushed my teeth, I rubbed my face and smiled enthusiastically at myself in the mirror.

"Goin to Florida yo!" I flashed the peace sign at myself before shrugging my shoulders and leaving the bathroom.

I live in Texas. So it's a little hard to wear makeup in the summer unless you want it melting off your face and look like the joker. And I don't particularly like makeup, it's just one more thing to worry about and I already have my hair, and...

....my hair and.......

So we're going to Florida for our summer vacation because my mom has family and my dad loves to drink beer at the beach (don't ask me why, I'm still trying to figure that out myself).

I personally am excited.

Ok I've been happier.

There's nothing wrong with Florida, it's just that my sixteenth birthday is going to happen when we're in Florida, when I would much rather have it here, where all my friends are.

But as long as I get to bring Harry...it's ok.

Oh yeah. I bet you don't know who Harry is.

He is my best friend in the whole entire universe. And he's gay.

He's really super fun, and he has a British accent because he moved here when he was 12, but ever since then we became fast friends. And he came out to me about a year ago.

Having a gay best friend is nice, because then you know they won't fall in love with you. Or, you know, send a parade of zombies your way, just like "oh hey best friend! I'm sending my zombie friends over because their hungry and I'm out of humans" "oh yeah sure that's fine as long as they don't kill the cat!" Like seriously who even thought of the Walking Dead though man like I could not be more scared.

I grabbed my brush and pulled it through my short black hair. I got it cut because it's hotter than tacos on fire in Texas and I hate long hair. But it's funny because my hair is literally shorter than Harry's and I can't even.

After brushing my hair I walked over to my desk and grabbed my phone, shooting Harry a quick text to hurry his butt up and get over here or me mums gonna beat your arse.

He replied soon after saying something about how he was offended because I mimicked his accent, and that he was on his way.

I stuck my phone in my back pocket and hopped over to my door, pulling it open and skipping to the kitchen.