ੈ♡₊˚•. Check 1

Money. Money solves everything right? But, what if I told you that it has a whole bunch of outcomes when working with it.

You see, my mother was the heir to the second wealthiest family, me being the next heir after she retires from work. My mother was a detective, a very good one, well respected. Honestly she could have stayed at home for her entire life since she was a literal billionaire and would get 10 million a month. Could you believe that?

My dad, on the other hand, was brutally murdered when I was very young. In fact, I watched as he was stabbed in the chest. I can remember everything from that even as if it happened yesterday.

I was around seven when this happened....

Walking through the hallways when a violent, high pitch scream was sounded. I ran towards the scream and was met with my parents door wide open..their door was never open. I peeked through the opened doors and there I saw a man holding a knife in the air right above my father. He stabbed my father, and stabbed him over and over again. I kept watching as my father died basically right in front of me. I felt like I couldn't move, I was helpless.

"L! Look away!" I heard someone scream from down the hall. It was my mother and the police squad running towards me. I was soon grabbed by one of the police members. I was swept up and all I could do was hold a tight grip on their arm.

"Close your eyes, L. You are safe with me."

The police members wrapped their hands around my head, and soon I heard a distorted gunshot. The police squad member ran out of the house with me, holding on to me tightly, trying to comfort me from what I had just seen.

"Mi-Michel?" I stuttered, confused and lost. He answered me.

"Is-is father okay?" I innocently asked, Michel looked down and sighed before looking back up at me. "From what I saw...L..I don't know."

I was so scared I started to break down into Michels shoulder. Maybe it was just everything that happened that was sinking into my developing brain.

I don't know how long I had fallen asleep from. But I was awakened when being transferred into my mother's arms.

"Mommy-" I looked up from my mother's shoulders to see a body bag being carried into a black van. "Daddy?" I cried out, sticking my arm out as the distance between me and the black van got further and further away. My mother patted my head before saying,"Don't look.."
After that night, I don't remember what happened. The next few days seemed crazy. There were mysteries, camera security, unanswered questions. It was deemed that there was someone coming after our family. The case for my father's death disbanded. The weeks following my father's death, the suspected murderer was found dead. Dead by car accident.

Or actually, that's what I have been told the rest of my life.

It's been 19 years since his passing, now 27, I've gained the family head. I've been the head of the family for 6 years and counting.

I am y/N Kurosawa. My mother had finally become old and retired from work. Meaning that it was my turn to be in charge of all the money and businesses that I would inherit from becoming family head.

I didn't think it would happen to me. The money is getting to my head that is. My balance is quite literally unlimited and so I bought everything and anything I wanted. I've turned into an even more spoiled brat than I already was. I don't think I care though, I am rich and those around me are not...

—------

Sitting on the couch, my mother walked in, throwing an envelope onto the coffee table.

'To the Kurosawa Family'