ORIGINS

I was in a hurry,i didn't know why...
But to where, I had no idea. I just knew I was going somewhere, but then I sped past my wife, right outside our front porch, and I came back to my senses in an instant,I pulled over, went to her, gave her a kiss, I love her.
I love her so much, and I never hesitated to show her.
She was pregnant at that time, 6 months and counting, nothing more fantastic that a dude in his early 20s expecting his first child, terrifying, but fantastic too, you get me?
But what's even more terrifying is losing all the things you love and cherish the most in a whiff, I'd never want my enemy to go through such an event.

I remember that day like it was yesterday. I was on my playstation, you know, trying to escape reality and shi, and usually, my sweetheart would make these cookies and bring them to me every hour, and she'd watch me play, other times I'd teach her, other times, we'd just have sex on the couchbed.yeahhhhh,we sure we're a dynamic duo, we'd literally have sex anywhere, anytime(except when she's on her period though, we're not that nasty) and she was the best. Now, where was I, so I was playing GTA, you know, that part where you have to kill Michael, Trevor or do the death wish, but then the power went out...
I won't lie, I was suspicious, because power literally never goes out in our house, I always made sure of that so my progress won't be ruined, so I picked up a rod, just in case and I went to check what was wrong.
On my way there, I slipped on some thick substance, I couldn't see, and I didn't have a flashlight with me, all I had was the rod, which I could no longer pick up because of the slickness of the substance I slipped on...
At last, I got the power back on, then I checked my hands, they were blood-red, like actual blood. I literally thought I was the one bleeding, but then I recalled slipping, then I ran inside, and I saw my wife, no, I saw what was left of my wife. Her face was peeled off, and she was bleeding profusely from her uterus, someone took my child, and left my wife for dead, and I wanted to weep, I really did, but I couldn't. You could say the shock got to me, really, seeing my dead wife right in front of me, faceless.
I heard a strange noise behind me, as I turned, I heard a loud gunshot.
It was me, I got shot, and I was bleeding, profusely. I had a glimpse of the person who shot me, he was, no she was, it was faceless.