Prologue

Jasmine's POV

My whole famiy hates my guts and wants me dead. 

I keep telling myself I'm safe with Demetria but I keep losing faith that I am, considering she's not even safe herself, she's not even safe for herself but she tries. I wish I had left them just like my father warned me when I was 12 but I didn't listen. I wanted to be like my mother, to lead a group and be respected but I was only being tricked. Being made to do all the dirty work she couldn't do.

I realised when I saw prince River get beaten up by another royal till he was unconscious about my actions. I saw how Demetria tried to protect him instead of fighting for her life because then she would never represent her people that are already despised if she hurt the Prince. That was all my fault, my doing.

Which is why I fled after that and I took some of my friends with me. Xia, Stone and Chio. Although Xia and Chio are gone, we miss them everyday. Demetria gave them a proper burial but even after 5 years it still feels like a new wound. They protected me when I didn't have anyone on my side, when I thought the whole world was out to get me . Xia, I wanted to tell her I liked her but I never got a chance to. It hurts.

Demetria and I had grown close over the years. At least I hope it's like that, she sees me as a safe space of which I'm greatful for but she still keeps most things to herself. The first two years of us being here she was forever locked in her parent's bedroom and every now and then I would hear her screaming and ice coming out of it. It would snow in summer, spring and autumn. On random days it just snows and everyone knows it's because our Queen wasn't happy.

I convinced her how much it made people fear her and to show them that she was not the little girl everyone thinks she is. She took my advice because ever since she was 19, she has been the Queen that she was supposed to be. A strong willed woman ready for any battle, she no longer had episodes unless I guess something big triggered her. She was even okay seeing Storm and Aurora together.

Although she was all of that, I know for a fact she what she was hiding under there. She wasn't hiding anger she was hiding her need to feel. She made herself stop feeling of which many don't understand that only means she's a ticking time bomb.

Recently, we've discovered that people's hatred for Faes still lives to this day, they still hunt those outside Demetria's walls. They wouldn't dare try to break in unless there's a traitor in our lands.

We have become a strong as a kingdom and we did it together. They understood that the Queen also needed us as much as we need her. We trained and fought hard so we wouldn't face a repetition of history.

According to the original history in one of the libraries in the castle, the King's powers were immense strength and the Queen's was looking into the future. They were not the strongest king and queen of their time but they were the most noble and caring. Demetria on the other side though, crossing her would be setting yourself up for an immediate death. I have seen it with my own two eyes.

 I have seen it with my own two eyes

Jasmine Windham

........................................................................