1

Yelena and Natasha split up on the castle floors for recognition. You, Bucky and Steve stayed at the base so as not to let anyone go up on the floors. The purpose was reconnaissance, you needed to find the target. The target was Charles Sivert, an enemy of the Brotherhood and the free will of mankind. The Templars had infiltrated all over Europe, they were growing in the kingdoms and gaining strength in the armies.

Across the hall, you saw Steve standing next to Bucky, talking to some guards. They didn't look like they were arguing, just talking. You made a mention of walking over to them, but someone held your forearm. Looking sideways, you noticed that it was King Xavier's niece, Princess Wanda Maximoff. Wanda was wearing a red dress, with a corset with gold details. She looked ahead, as she directed you into the hall, where people were dancing.

"Your Highness." You bowed slightly, causing the red-haired woman to crack a smile. " What do I owe the honor of your company?"

"A dance." She merely said, turning to you.

Minuet was not your specialty, you were an assassin and nothing more. However, after spending an entire ball watching people dance, you could memorize some dance. The music was rhythmic, but the steps were slower and more harmonized. You couldn't take your eyes off the princess, who seemed comfortable with the dance as she kept smiling.

"I must confess, I feel like the luckiest person in the ballroom." You said as in one dance move, you approached Wanda.

"You really should." She said, letting out a laugh. "I don't remember you on my uncle's list, should I know your name?"

"Call me Ghost." You replied the princess.

"As graced as I am with your company in this dance, I fear I would have to ask the guards to take you away." She said now, only smiling cordially, but you could look in her eyes that there was no lie. "Your face is strange to me."

The air in your lungs was not enough. She was looking at you with a different look, you looked around, you noticed Steve, Natasha but not Yelena and Bucky. Natasha made a sign to you, which made a feeling of relief run through your body.

A scream echoed in the hall, the dancing stopped, and the princess's gaze turned to where she thought the noise had come from. You took your cue to walk away into the crowd that seemed to rush to find out what was going on.

⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧-⤧

The assassins were standing on the rooftops of the main square of Versailles. The weather was morbid, the sky was gray, there was the smell of flesh in the air. You could not intervene, just look at everything as a warning. One of the assassins was going to be killed in a public square for a mistake you had made. A commitment you did not have taken a life of one of your own.

"In the name of the King, we sentence Pierre Leblanc for attempt on the crown." The man said loud and clear. "Pierre will be killed by the gallows and his body will be cremated so that no one of his family can dare to bury him."

Anger, despair, dread flashed through your body. You stood up, leaned over the edge of the castle, but were pulled down. A slap hit your face, and you startled, looking in Natasha's direction.

"Don't you dare risk this." She said with a harsh tone in her voice. "Pierre is already dead, you will not risk it that way."

"He will be killed because of me." You confessed, sitting down on the roof and looking forward.

"It wasn't just your mistake, he should be careful on the mission too." She said. "That one, next to Charles, isn't it Wanda?"

You turned quickly, looking toward Natasha's gaze, and could make out the princess whispering beside the man. She was wearing a different dress, there were shades of white and red, a symbol on her waist.