2017: THE END OF AN ENIGMA

Chapter-1

'You're here. Great! We can start now.'

'This better be worth it, stalker.'

"It was Friday, the 13th of September, 2015. The story is set in an old country town, in Wisconsin.

Mrs. Ivy had almost finished her daily tv show when a doorbell interrupted her session.

'Valor! Where are you? Open the door.'

Valor, who was washing the dishes, immediately rushed towards the door and opened it. To his surprise, it was his stepfather, Mr. Adam Thorpe.

'Well, move out of the way, boy! Would ya be starin' at me like that, eh?'

'Sorry, father. My apologies.'

Mr. Thorpe moves into the house and that's when his gaze moves towards Athen, his son and Valor's brother. Mr. Thorpe gifts him a few chocolates and toys. Then, he sits next to Mrs. Thorpe when she was watching her Tv show.

'What yer looking at, boy? Get outta here and do the tasks.'

'Did you bring me something, father?'

' Looks who's talking. Valor, do you think you deserve something? Do you think you're worth of anything? Why don't you be a helpful boy and do the dishes before you start to whine?'

With those words, Valor breaks apart. Trying to control his tears when they start running through his face, his eyes starting to turn red, with him looking with so much hatred towards them.

He knows his decision. The following night, he leaves the house with his belongings and some cash from the vault, or he thought so until Athen catches him.

'Where are you going, Valor?'

'Athen! I was leaving.'

'Leaving? Why are you running away from home?'

'Home? If that is what you'd call home, I'd rather die.'

'Is it because of the way mom and dad treat you?'

'Of course, it's because of how mother and father treat me. For them, you're the castle's prince while I, I- am not even worth as a slave. I can't wait to have my freedom and run away from this hellscape.'

'Valor, if you'll be going somewhere. I'll be going with you too.

I promise we'll do it. Together.'

'Together? You're getting too cheesy, little brother'

'And you wonder why I don't help you.'

The visions start to turn blurry, a distorted voice interrupts Valor's nightmare. It was Athen, again.

Chapter-2

Sunday, 30 April, 2017

'Valor! Are you okay? It looked like you were having a seizure!' Athen questions in terror.

'I-I am fine, Athen. A bad dream I guess' Valor's eyes are still covered with tears and horror. A bad dream. He looks into Athen's hazel eyes full of concern and terror.

'I am fine, Athen! Stop worrying.' Valor commands.

'Okay, okay. Well, wake up now! We have to go shopping

'Shopping?' Valor exclaims. Shopping is the last thing Valor would want to do this morning. 'Why would you want to go to a Dystopian hellscape with socializing creatures walking there?'