Chapter 1

I remember it so vividly.

"Mom what's going on?!" I yelped as I was blind folded. "Everything's okay sweetie just stay calm!" I heard my mother say as her voice got slower and slower. I was in tears. I couldn't see and I was being taken away. "COUSIE!!" (Cousin) I heard my 2 cousins Liam and Olivia scream before they were taken to. That part I remembered so vividly. I don't know why. It's the only part I remember exactly for what it was.

The next time I woke up I was in a room with multiple different people. Everyone was quite some were sobbing. I had this terrible ache in my heart. Where were my cousins. I needed to get to them before anyone could. I need to keep them safe. I sighed as I looked up at a light hanging from the ceiling. Our only way of light in the small room. Just then the door opened and everyone looked up for hope. "You we're all assigned a color. This group is group pink. You all will need to change to that color now." The guard moved aside as people from the room started to leave and go get changed. I was still shaken up. Where was I?

Just then I noticed a girl across from me. Her hair was long and brown. She looked like she'd been sobbing for hours. I went up to her. "Hi I'm Lucile. And you are?" She looked up whipping her nose with her hand. "Ava" She said. She was crying still. I held my hand out to help her out. "How about we go get changed?" I suggested. She nodded with a smile and took my hand and we left the room.

It was very odd. The hall had many doors I'm guessing had to do with different groups. "Do you know why they are doing this?" Ava asked as she looked over at me as I examined the doors. "No...I don't..." I sighed then looked straight forward to see a line. I stopped and so did Ava. "Is this the line for clothes?" Ava asked. I sighed. "I think so." I rolled my eyes.

Hours went by it seemed until me and Ava got to the front of the line. "Name and group color" the lady at the desk said. Ugh this place was so dimly lit. I let Ava go first. "Ava Smith. Group pink." She said nervously. "Here's your clothes and your ID to get around. Good luck." Ava looked at me concerned but grabbed her stuff and walked away. "Name and group color." She repeated. "Lucile shields. Group pink." I said. The lady rolled her eyes and handed me my stuff. "Good luck." She said and I walked away towards Ava which was changing. "Ew we have to change out here?" I said looking around at the many people in the room that was dimly lit. "Yep. No changing rooms." Ava sighed setting her clothes she had come in on the floor. "Ugh" I groaned. I quickly changed before anyone could see me. The outfit was a hot pink top,hot pink sweatpants and hot pink tennis shoes. I sighed as I sat up against the wall which Ava joined me.

"So. How did it go for you? The whole abduction thing." Ava said. She seemed more cheerful then before but still in pain. "Oh. Uh I was with my mom...and my cousins." The thought of my cousins being alone completely killed me. Ava sighed. "I'm sorry." She continued. "I was with my dad and my sister. Of course my sister is younger but I've always looked up to her..and.." Ava broke down into tears. "Oh my..I'm so sorry." I pulled her close to me and hugged her. Just then a boy came up to us. "Ava was it? And Lucile? Sick name by the way!" I looked up confused and Ava had pain in her eyes but still looked. "Oh right I'm Lucas. I was behind you in line. I see we are all on the same team that's nice!" He smiled. It was so fake. You could tell he was dying on the inside.

"Nice to meet you Lucas. I'm Lucile as you already know and Ava." I said. Lucas nodded and took a seat next to Ava. "I see this isn't easy for all of us." Lucas gave off that popular vibe. He had golden brown hair that would shine in the sun. Maybe even under the dim light it could but we were in the darker bit of the room so I couldn't tell. "I like the orange in your hair by the way Lucile. Very unique." Lucas said I just rolled my eyes playfully. "So how were you taken?" I asked. "I was going to the toilet." Lucas said with a smirk. Ava started laughing. "What I'm serious!" Lucas acted offended. I couldn't hold in my laugh either and started laughing to. "Yeah right!" Ava was laughing so hard she fell over on me. Lucas started laughing to and that's how I made my only friends i'd have in that...hell hole.