Chapter 1!

Have you ever gone skiing before? Well I got the chance to go and of course I went. But it didn't end as normally as expected. Let me tell you how it all started. It was a normal day at my house, then my father came home and he said, "Annaleise dear, how would you like to go skiing with your siblings and I?" Of course I responded with "Of course!!" In the most excited voice because we live in Florida and don't go anywhere that cool besides the beach every once in a while. So I asked him, "When are we going?" Which he responded with, "Next week honey." I let out an excited shriek and ran off to my room. I had grabbed my suitcase from the closet and packed my comfiest and cutest winter clothes from the back of my closet. My older brother, Pierce, had walked into our shared bedroom saying, "Hey sis, are you ready for this amazing trip?" As I nodded my head with a wide smile on my face, he went to his side of the room and laid on his bed turning on his xbox. I turned on the tv with the remote and opened spotify as Pierce looked at me as I had turned off his xbox. I started playing my playlist and turned up the volume. Pierce looked at me and tried asking me why I shut off the xbox but I ignored him and continued packing.He had finally gotten the hint that he should start packing as well. When we finished packing after about 2 hours I turned on the xbox for Pierce so he could play his games. I laid on my bed and started playing games on my computer. After about 30 minutes our little sister, Melanie, had come into our room shouting with joy about how her best friend could come. Pierce had looked over at her and put his finger up to his mouth and made the "shhh" sound. She had gone silent and asked me for her ipad, since we all share a room in our apartment. She jumped onto her bed and facetimed her best friend. Pierce and I both put in our headphones and tried to ignore her but our father, Zane, had called us to the kitchen. We pulled Melanie to the kitchen with her ipad in hand so he could talk to Freya as well. He had looked at us and said, "Well.. Our ski trip has been postponed.." Melanie looked at dad with a sad face but she didn't let him finish.