The delima

Carl was a grouchy man in his mid 40's his hair was receding from all the stress of keeping up a bowling Alley. He just opened and business was booming. They had all the bells and whistles of a new center. The arcade was flashing, there was a redemption counter and even a small put put course in the back. Carl hated it. He couldn't understand why people couldn't just go to a bowling Alley to just bowl? He was tired of paying extra for all the un necessary attractions. He just wanted to take his equipment out and battle. He looked across the street and saw a decrepit bowling alley. He was so jealous. He wished for a down home family friendly bowling alley.
Across the street Sabrina was spraying shoes and thinking of her business choices.
"Why are they going to set up a brand new bowling center?""They ran us out of business. "There is no way I can keep up with that modernness." She sighed . "Maybe I should go over and take a look at our competition?" She walked over and as she was greeted by the automatic doors her jaw dropped.
"This is unbelievable!" I wish I could renovate like this??"
She was interrupted by a grouchy man. "What do you want we don't open for another 30 min?"
"Oh I'm sorry! I'm your neighbor." "I just wanted to check out our competition" she said grinning. He looked her up and down. "You!" "Ha" "I've seen your run down center." "There is no competition."
"Well, she replied irked. Perhaps we should make a wager hmm?"
"Bowling match" "If I win, you have to sponsor a league so we can get more modern amenities."
If you win, I will close shop." "I'm tired of managing a ghost town." He strokes his chin "Actually I'll do you one better!" "If I win I get your deed and if you win you get my deed! He laughs maniacally."
She shakes hands with Carl. "You have yourself a deal." "Showdown next week?" "Next Sunday at 2pm works for me," the grouchy man stated.
***
Sunday approaches. Sabrina is nervous but so excited. If she wins she would finally be able to be a modern center. She was confused why Carl wouldn't want such a lavish center!
Carl was ready. He was so ready to downsize. He knew this would be the perfect bet. Get this girl's confidence up. Everyone always pigeonholed him as a jerk. He was but he did have a soft side too. He wanted to help her inadvertently but wanted to gain some collateral too. He knew she would be the perfect manager for this thriving company. He knew he would be the perfect manager for the hole in the wall company.
"This is brilliant."
They both got on the lanes and shook hands and handed each other all the paperwork and put on the neighboring table.
Carl was first he wanted it to look like he wasn't throwing the game so he needed to try. Little did he know Sabrina wanted to throw the game too. It would have been so much easier just trading but they were both too proud to communicate.
Carl sets up and hits right in the pocket. Following 3 more strikes.
Sabrina folllows and mimics his scores. It's neck and neck. Carl's next ball is a 9 spare
Sabrina strikes and sticks her tongue out at him.
"Wench"he says under his breath as he strikes again.
Sabrina steps it up but sent the ball right outside of the pocket and got a sleeper. She misses the back pin.
He chuckles as he purposely pulls his shoulder and leaves the bucket 1,3,6,10. He gets all but the 10 pin.
Sabrina matches him with a double. 
10th frame and they are 6pins apart.
Carl was sweating. Damn he can't win he hates it there he needs this. He pulls his shoulder but to no avail strikes out 2x times. He then gets a 7 pin and misses it. He fake smiles. "Fuck" he thinks.
Sabrina took the approach and her hands were sweating.  She needs to strike out.
First ball strike. She set up again strike again.
She starts her approach and pulls her arm at the last second but the ball manages to stay on the lane and crashes in the pocket!
I won!!! I won!!!
Carl smiles. "Very good my competitor!" "You have won my deed!" "Take good care of her." He pretend sulks off.
She puts a hand on his shoulder. "No no I can't take that!"
"Sabrina you win fair and square."
"Well how can I repay you?"He grins. "Well since you have my deed maybe I can have yours?" "I have always wanted a quaint alley and this one is too noisy for my liking." She grins, "of course it's the least I can do!"They swap deeds and carry on their way.
***
Six months later Sabrina walks in her own lanes and it was thriving! "What?" "How?" He laughed. "People actually like to bowl who knew?"
"I renovated just the lanes and added delicious food and made lots of competitive leagues and they came flocking."
"How about you?"
She laughed, "yeah I added some laser tag birthday parties and late night specials."
"Well,looks like we helped each other ready to switch back?"
"Yeah I miss my old faithful lanes."
He chuckled "I acutely miss the hustle and bustle of my center."
They hugged gave each other deeds back and thanked each other for the help.
"Don't be a stranger Sab!"
"I won't Carl!" "Maybe you could join one of the leagues?"
He smiled "I would like that!"
"Why don't you try our new attraction since you started it?"She giggled  "Yeah laser tag hide n seek." "Sounds like a fun night."