Post 2018 Election

I sat across from Clive Palmer, the leader of the Australian United party. He was on the bigger side, his fingers reminded me of raw pork sausages . He ran a hand over the top of his head  fondling with nonexistent hair, before bringing it back down to brush a few strands of snow white hair behind his ear. I nervously shuffled some important papers on my desk before looking back up at him.

"So you won, just like I said you would." His voice is honeyed, mouth quirked upwards. His smile was more reptilian than human. Clive leaned back in his chair flaunting his repugnant yellow suit. His fingers caressed my hands in tentative circles, I kept my expression distant. he had made an offer I couldn't resist, not if I wanted to win. Clive Palmer is the founder of three huge mining companies in australia making him effortlessly rich.  I needed help paying for the propaganda I wouldn't've agreed to it otherwise. I had no other options. I repeated those words like a prayer in my mind trying to convince myself what I had done was right. I was awakened from my trance by his hand lifting my chin up, his breathe tickled my ear as he leaned in

"remember the conditions for my assistance" he purred, licking my ear lobe " once you've served your term, you're all mine." Mine the word sent shivers down my spine, the idea was nauseating. I was backed up against a wall,  I couldn't back out now or he'd reveal the bribery and scandal.  As if he could read my mind he grinned and swaggered towards the exit looking back to send me a sensual glance. 

My thoughts filled the silence. I could not  bring myself to love him, not when my heart was already held firmly by another. Albanese a member of the labour partner. Not only was our love forbidden as the two parties absolutely despise one another, but i doubt he'd ever return my feelings. For the sake of myself and fulfilling the marital alliance with Australia United, I would have to banish all thoughts of him. But if it came down to it could I ?