fourteen

The whole week after the 'accident' were dull periods for Chaeri. She haven't been focusing on her lessons and sometimes falling back on her lectures. She had been pulling all-nighters as well since she missed a lot during classes, Yuma often helped her too and tried his best to keep her on track.

Yuma watched his best friend's body curled on her bed and hugging the comfy blanket tightly around her curves. Chaeri's eyes were opened and blinked sluggishly. He could tell just by looking at her eyes, she was in pain and he felt bad for her. Sometimes he saw her trying to withstand herself from crying but failed. Her tears just kept breaking the walls that attempting to not make her cry.

He had never even once seen her in a painful state, well only once when her father scolded her for choosing music class instead of art class. But this was a major problem. Yuma also had a hard time trying to cease Euijoo from meeting Chaeri. The guy would keep knocking on their dorm's door saying that he wanted to meet her and talk to her. But Yuma still forbid him from seeing her. It was for the best.

Meanwhile for Nicholas, he had been coming to Chaeri and Yuma's dorm, but never even have the guts to knock the door or say something. Whenever his knuckles barely reaching the door, he just sighed and walked away back to his dorm that he shared with Kei. It came off like his everyday routine after classes ended. Sometimes he caught sight of Euijoo waiting outside Chaeri and Yuma's dorm, only those times he preferred not to come.

Kei apologised to Nicholas regarding the blind date but Nicholas forgave him and shook it off since Kei didn't do anything, he just wanted to help him so he understood. Kei heard about what happened so he felt extraordinarily guilty for everything.

"Have you talked to her or heard anything about her?" Kei asked Nicholas as he sat across him in the cafeteria, genuinely concerned about Chaeri's well-being.

These days Kei had been asking a lot about Chaeri. Ever since the last time he saw her exiting her class, she looked dreadful. He couldn't stop thinking about it after that. He thought that she must have loved his best friend so much.

Nicholas pursed his lip and shook his head. "Not yet, I'm still nervous."

"Ugh I'm sorry! This is all my fault!" Kei groaned as he placed his hands on his head.

The other male laughed to see his friend stressing that wasn't entirely his fault. "Hyung I swear it's not your fault, you had no idea."

He sighed then grimaced at him, his hands fell on the table weakly. "I just want you to be happy again. I want to see us with Euijoo together and everything." Kei admitted.

It was sad for Nicholas to hear it from him. He also missed Euijoo a lot of all people. Nicholas tried contacting him but the guy apparently kept ghosting him. Nicholas remembered his last message crystal clear, 'Betrayer'. But that didn't concern him enough cause all he wanted was go back in a good term with him.

Nicholas finished his milk quickly before replying to him. "Me too." He replied shortly.

But behind the short reply, concealed a huge sadness. No matter how heartbroken he was, Nicholas still tried his best to show that he was strong.

"Well how about you try to talk to her this time and apologize then explain everything? You could-"

"I better go, Professor Wei wants to see me. See you later!" Nicholas got up then sent Kei a small wave before leaving him dumbfounded fast, not wanting to listen anything about talking to her.

But Professor Wei did want to see him after his break, he just decided to end it quick. Professor Wei was his IT class lecturer and his favorite professor of all professors. He did notice the man always giving him good treatments, even Euijoo shot him an odd look whenever the Professor gave him chances to finish his work.