Part 11 - Rest and Healing

Hello everyone, I have no idea what to write, AT ALL.

I guess this is how it feels to have writers block. Not fun at all. But, I managed to make something, so I hope you enjoy!

 Just so you know everyone's general "age" right now, they all are like 13 or 14 if you compare them to a hooman life.

[!btw profanity warning!]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were walking for some time, when we decided to take a break, and try navigating the exit to level 4.  R quickly made a comfortable resting station, using the materials we had, and Smilie put me down on one of the office chairs.

-T..Thanks....- I whispered, still embarrassed about the whole situation I was in, putting my hands over my face.

- No Problem, sad face!- They gleefully spoke patting my head as if I were a little kid. This was way too embarrassing, I felt I was going to die from cringe. 

R pulled out some almond water from their bag, and handed over one to me. He also tried to get Smilie to try it.

- Come on 42, just take a sip.- He sternly spoke, shoving it into their face.

- NO WAY! - they roared, which left me and R in shock. 

- aHeM.- They cleared their throat. - I can't really eat anything other than human, so I'll pass.- They explained, while drinking some blood that they had saved from earlier.

-Okay...- R scoffed, giving me the second almond water instead.

(Why did I have to injure myself?? I wish it would just heal already) I thought, while I took a sip from the 1st almond water. 

- Should I try talking to one of the wanderers, cause I look humanish, they might tell me where to go.- R suggested, trying to get our opinions on his ideas.

- Eh, it might work, depending on how good you are at acting. - Smilie hummed, relaxing on the office chair like it was a bean bag. - But we all know how bad you are at it.- They cackled, in a hopefully jokingly manner.

- 42, I swear I'm going to choke you to death.- J held a fist up.

- Try me, bITCH.- their pitch went incredibly high, and the room went dead silent, tension filling up the room.

- If it matters.. wanders haven't... ever seen a.... child partypooper before..- I stuttered, still not able to speak properly thanks to the damn wound on my leg, but at least its getting better. They both immediately looked at me. - It... wouldn't be a good idea to go.- 

- Oh, your right, we should find a different plan then, right?- Smilie perked their head up. 

- I guess so.- R sighed, and discussing another plan of his, as I started to down the second almond water. Mid-way during his explanation of his new plan, a loud noise disrupted him.

*clatter*

Ah shit, I dropped the bottle of almond water. It was empty anyway, but better to pick it up. I stood up, walked towards it and picked it up. I then quickly walked to my seat, to notice that Smilie and R stared at me intensely, with a confused look upon their faces.

- Ah, sorry R, go on.- I nervously laughed, surprised that I could talk clearly now.

- J, when the fuck did your leg get better?-  R raised a brow, as I suddenly pieced together what just happened.

- Uh, maybe the almond water healed you, since it does help wanderers.- Smilie shrugged, not really questioning it.

- Ya, but we aren't human. It doesn't have the same affect as us.- R explained, to Smilie. - Unless...- he trailed off, into his own thoughts.

- Does it really matter how it happened?- I asked. - You know what, I'm pretty sure we should start heading off!- 

- Yes, I suppose so. Lets head to the area with the table, it should transport us back to our respective levels.- R clarified, making sure we understood.

-Okie! Lets go sad face!- Smilie enthusiastically spoke, holding my hand, as we ventured on once more.

[ 30 minutes later]

-We're finally here.- R huffed a sigh of relief, pointing at the table. 

-Well, I guess this is where we say our goodbyes.- I restated, glancing at Smilie. -I'll miss you.- I smiled, and gave them a hug, to their shock.

- Oh well, don't worry, we'll meet each other again soon!- they chirped, confident that we'll meet once more, after we pulled away from the hug. - and I suppose you too.- they said, staring at R.

- Ya, I guess we'll see you later 42.- R waved a goodbye, as Smilie went to pat their shoulder.

R was the first to step into the table, leaving to level 52. As I was about to do the same, Smilie grabbed my hand. I turned back, confused. 

- Uh... I know this is a weird time to ask, but, what's your favorite color?- Smilie nervously asked.

- Oh, purple I think.- I answered, confused why they would ask. - and you?-

- PINK!- they shouted out. 

- Cool. So, I guess I'll see you soon?- I said waiving a goodbye.

- Yup! By the way, if you see a purple balloon, just know its from me.- They added, before hugging me once more.

- Okay...- I was confused on how they would send the balloon, but I won't question it. 

 Goodbye!!!- They squealed, as I stepped into the table, leaving onto level 52.

-----------------------------------------------

Don't worry, this isn't the end if you think it is. 

See you all in the next chapter!