College Mate- - ARSHI

Author Note:

The whole story you might be reading with the point of the female lead.

Trying to pen down after three years and here I am back. Please ignore if any mistakes in taking the story ahead. Please do like and comments and constructive criticism are always welcome 😊

Flashback in italics

Happy Reading

+++++

I could hear some strange tones and sense some vibrations nearby. I tried* make a note tried hard to concentrate on those tunes for some time and sat up realizing it was my alarm that got snoozed of(Typical me I self-thought).

Yawning I saw the time as it shows 5:30 AM . I got up whining about waking up early morning and did my chores.

By the way I am Kushi Gupta , you might not know me but if I am telling you about me I should at least let you know my name.*Silly me*

So where was I, ahh the me doing my daily chores. I was just trying have my morning tea calmly before the busy schedule would actually start of me hurrying up.

I sat in my balcony scrolling down those Instagram reels leisurely and just then I remembered some one who schooled me for being ignorant. A thought that I was Ignorant I learned lately with the experience. Back then there was,,.,,

Flashback

I was scrolling down the TikTok reels and leisurely sat back doing two odd reels. Ahmm, I am not so famous but was an ordinary girl just an attempt to be categorized cool.

Just then I was about to get up to get going to the library as it was announced that the upcoming week that 3 days to Monday, we have internals which would help us get minimum passing percentage criteria overall. I bumped into the known and yet unknown guy ARNAV Malhotra.

We just smiled at each other left for our respective works. I moved to library and he, I dont know. Its been a half an hour and I slept on the desk while making notes and I felt some one poking me with fingers and whispering my name. I tried hard to wake up but was pinched brutally by someone and I got up yelling and deciding to kill the person who pinched me.

Instead that someone just hushed me up by covering my mouth by his hand and asking me to keep quiet. I heard him saying

Why do you come to library if you had to sleep just be quite the principal is hear on rounds for some reason and I just huffed at his sentence and he just disappeared just in seconds leaving his stuff behind? Or was it not his own belongings.

What is his problem he should have let me sleep huff.

I was trying hard to make some notes and try not to sleep again. Just then an aroma hit me yes that was Chai Tea I mean- Here, have some I heard Arnav say.

I just hummed and looked at him

Why did you bother to wake me up you would have let me sleep I said while having a sip of tea

Oh really, I thought this was library the main purpose we are here is to study he said

Why do you bother yaar, I just took a nap and anyways you woke me up let me study and by the way thanks for the bringing some tea for me it was helpful. I Said and started with my studies

Finally, you do remember why were you here at first place he commented

Giving him a look of being annoyed Oh yess I said and gave an annoyed smile at him. To which he just imitated to me I give up and hands down and I rest my case there we just got busy with our own world.

Flashback ENDS

Snapping out of those days I realized I was late and hurriedly got myself ready and went to office.

A Few hours later.

I Just had to take a break and smriti my team mate and me went to our cafeteria. I heard her say.

Man, I am just fed-up with this constant inconsistency. It is like I am stuck here with no progress in both career and personal life ..., Huff

Why do you say such things I asked little concerned

In a way keeping my personal stuff as it is said its two-way road to every individual to settle in. But professionally man I keep learning things and keep my self-updated yet something is just off place to get those hikes and now the rescission stress. She spoke

Yaar , Listen why just being ignorant though from both personal and professional end .Its always vice versa just to keep our selves at top notch for every decision we took. Its always important to prioritise what is we want and how can we achieve it .Its us who would strive hard to be what we are today or what we will be in like tomorrow which everyone would call around as myth. I told her what I felt as in she just differentiates the life in two ways to live but it isnt like that balancing out our personal and work culture is important.

She was about the say something when we heard someone calling us and we left with our respective works while my thought lingered on being ignorant.

Flashback.

It was the day where I just went there to collect My degree certificates reminiscing the old days I sat at cafeteria of college area waiting for my friend to turn up but someone else poked me again and said.

Hi He said

Hi Arnav I said

You here waiting for someone he asked looking around.

Yes, for my friend i said and heard him asking me

So what is your future plan I just frowned and he continued No need to answer if you dont feel comfortable.

No it is not like that , its just that you will find my answer bit childish I saw him looking at me confused.

I just want to go with flow . Not like I would not put in my efforts to search a decent job which would feed me but nothing in particular how I wanted it to be type I tried to be cool and explainable and hoping he would back off but no man he did open his mouth

Its a good thought. But did you ever think that your just being ignorant at the same time this time I looked at him confused him saying I am ignorant but how. While he continued...

Let me explain, here you say that you are okay with the things being around the same without having a thought or vision on how you wanted it to be. Dont you think, that you own your life and keep on deciding on things every now and then? I heard him explain

It is just as easy as you would say thing being a famous football player and leading business mans son I said bit irritated man he always come up to lecture me but why?

Naa , its isnt like that I am the one who decided what I wanted to be . Yes , I wanted my skills to be the one which would give a identity like you said Famous he stressed* , the only con I dont like is being said of my luxurious life though that is fact but it does not make me, or tell me how to behave .Its me who decides how would I become or I wanted to be he said.

I gave him an understanding nod but it was all in vein, and there we continued random stuff talking.

Flashback end

Though, at that moment I did not get what he said but had a great impact when I started earning for myself and feeding myself.

Just then when I was about to sleep, I heard a ping tune and see my mother sent a place that I would meet the perspective guy for the marriage this Sunday.

The Sunday:

I just reached at the cafeteria asking for the reserved table that was booked and I see the guy was already here. *Good that he is on I time* I noted to myself.

When I walked in to the table shocked the see the known and yet unknown guy Arnav Malhotra.

***

Do Vote and comment your views it will motivate me to write further