hiii hello heyyy haha lol

this will also be posted on AO3 once I get the silly little invite (frothing at the mouth)

NO BETA we die like men

ᵀᴴᴱ ᴱᴺᴰ ᴵˢ ᴺᴱⱽᴱᴿ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴱᴺᴰ ᴵˢ ᴺᴱⱽᴱᴿ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴱᴺᴰ ᴵˢ ᴸᴼᴬᴰᴵᴺᴳ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴱᴺᴰ ᴵˢ ᴺᴱⱽᴱᴿ ᵀᴴᴱ ᴱᴺᴰ ᴵˢ ᴺᴱⱽᴱᴿ

You pranced around the room, marveling at the sight in front of you as you spun on your heel. Your eyes tried to drink it all in, practically tearing the room apart, one painting at a time. The annoyed sigh from behind you didn't seem to disturb your gawking, but a hand stopping you from nearly tripping over your own feet did.

"Are you done with your ogling? I can practically feel the walls shuddering under your perverse gaze."

Your head turned to look at the older man, his stern gaze fixated on you, his eyes lacking amusement in your actions. You rolled your eyes- what did he know? This was your first time in The Narrator's office, of course you'd be at least a little excited. All you've been seeing for the past few months was the same plain, empty office complex, at some point covered in silly string you had obtained, much to The Narrator's dismay. He had no idea you still possessed that small can, and you'd make sure to keep it a secret. It was the one thing that entertained you while he ran errands, apart from the bucket and the balloons floating about- if he felt like spawning more after you popped them all, of course...

And indeed, here you were, standing in the middle of his office, finally able to take it all in- but most importantly, take him all in.

You hadn't even expected him to be a real person- you imagined he was just a voice, maybe a robot, but definitely not what stood next to you right now, gripping your shoulder. It felt weird to see him, to feel him, to hear his voice so loud and clear. But after running around in complete solitude with nobody to accompany you (once again, apart from the bucket) on your misadventures and narrative contradictions, you enjoyed the presence of another living, breathing being. It was comforting, in fact.

You smiled at him, shrugging your shoulders. "Sorry, I guess I got a little excited."

You didn't waste your time being sheepish, if you hadn't made that obvious already by trying to pick up everything you saw, before getting interrupted by the poor man chasing you around like a mother would chase after a child. Each time he yanked some expensive item out of your hands, you'd take in his appearance a little more. He had short, peppered hair, square glasses resting on the bridge of his nose. Somehow, the lenses appeared foggy, preventing you from seeing his eyes. He was slightly chubby, wearing a comfortable knitted vest, a tie tucked neatly into it. He looked like both a nerd and a very successful book author. You couldn't help but suppress a giggle at his frustrated expression, his brows furrowed as he held a vase in his hands.

"Dear player, I would be immensely grateful if you didn't demolish all of my possessions like some vandal."

His voice was low, and it was hard to overlook the annoyance in his tone. You rolled your eyes and walked over to a bookcase, suddenly very interested to see what he had stacked on those shelves. He sighed, setting the vase down on his desk, watching you intensely. He knew you'd try something again, probably leaving his office in shambles, and he was prepared to stop you. He crossed his arms as you looked over the book titles, recognizing... none of the titles. Absolutely none. Either you didn't read enough, or these books were made up, simply serving as nothing more than a decoration. You would bet your left eye that if you took one in your hands right now and opened it, all the pages would be blank.