Chapter 1

Ashley's Pov:

I opened the door to my small apartment, exhausted from my long day at work. You would think being a 24-year-old big-time video game maker and the company's CEO's daughter make the job more fun. Let me introduce myself, my name is Ashley Scarlet and I hate my life. I took my heels off and threw them to the side. I collapsed onto the sofa. I exhaled. Then there was a loud crash.
I jolted up, "What the hell?" I ran outside my apartment to the balcony but tripped over something.
Someone yelled "oh my god, miss! Are you alright?"
I couldn't see him that well cause my glasses fell off when I tripped. He tried to help me up but ended up tripping on the boxes and falling on top of me. I found my glasses and put them back on. That's when I saw his face and realized who he was.
My mouth drop opened "Y-your Peter S-simon. The y-youtuber."
He smiled, "In the flesh. A fan, I presume."
I nodded. Then I saw the position we were in and I screamed and kicked him in the nuts.
He rolled over, groaning, "What the fuck was that for?!"
I glared at him, standing up, brushing my skirt off, "Well one you dropped your moving boxes in front of my door and two you didn't even try and get up when YOU landed on top of me."
He frowned, "I didn't even notice I fell on top of you."
I scoffed, "Well yeah that's cause-" Then a Crack sound filled the area and the lights went out. I knew it was storming but I didn't know it was this bad. I started breathing hard. Another thing you should know about me is I'm TERRIFIED of the dark. I get really bad panic attacks when the power goes out or I'm in a dark space. Just cause of things from my past. I put my hands to
my chest and drop to the floor, breathing hard, "P-peter?" I whispered.
"Yes?"
"Help..." I called out.
Then a light shined on my face.  I was shivering with fear.
Peter knelt and put a hand on my shoulder, "Are you okay..." He faltered.
That's right! I forgot to tell him my name. I didn't want to but if I wanted help to get out of my panic attack state I... well, I had to.
"A-ashley S-Scarlet," I said, redundantly.
"A-ashley are you okay?" He asked again, giving me a look of surprise and stuttering.
I shook my head.
"Is there anything I can do?"
"S-stay..." I said softly. The rain was coming down harder and I was starting to get wet.
"Okay, but we need to get you out of this rain. Don't want someone as cute as u to get sick."
'Cute! He called me cute!' I thought to myself, turning red. 
Peter picked me up bridal style and I yelped. I grip onto him not wanting him to let me go. Oh and as an extra fear I'm also afraid of heights. And we were on the third story of the apartment building.
Peter laughed, "Don't worry I'm not gonna drop you."
'Strong.' I thought.
He walked us back into my apartment and there was a series of "Arf Arf's" I looked down and saw my dog, "Bowser!" I jumped out of Peter's arms and pick him up. I cuddled him. Bowser growled at Peter.
"It's okay Bowser," I looked at Peter and smiled, "He's a friend." Bowser looked at him. Peter smiled back at me and put his hand out for Bowser to sniff, he rubbed his hand on Peter's hand and Peter scratched behind his ear. Bowser leaned into the scratch. Peter looked at me,
"U gonna be okay? Should I leave?"
"NO!" I yelped, "I mean, stay... please?"
He laughed, "okay."
We stood there quietly for a few minutes then he asked, "Are you afraid of the dark?"
I sighed, gave Peter Bowser, and sat on the couch, "...well kinda. It's a long story."
He sat next to me and pressed something on his phone, "I have time."
I looked at him and smiled, little did anyone know he'd been my celebrity crush since we were 15.