𝐈𝐕 - 𝐍𝐨𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐞

The alarm I set last night buzzes and I groan not in the mood or even ready for today's activities.

Today, Mum and I will be meeting Adriano's mom and sister cause, we're going shopping.

Wedding dress shopping.

Today, I'm expected to find my dream dress or get an idea for my dream dress and I only have limited time considering the wedding is in almost a week.

It's kinda sad because I've fantasized about maybe one day getting the courage to trust another man, falling in love with someone, and having the perfect simple wedding. This was not at all in my mind.

I've always trusted Dad to not marry me off to some random guy for business but I do understand his reason for doing so now. As much as I don't want this, I do hope for the best. I'm an optimist, I've been trying not to consider the bad but I keep having this recurring thought of, what if Adriano is a horrible person, what if he hurts me or makes me relive my hurt, what if Dad is too late...

My thoughts are interrupted by a quiet knock on my door followed by it slowly opening with Mom's head shooting in.

"Good morning, darling," Mom said walking in and seating beside me.

"Morning ma" I respond leaning into her as she wraps her arms around me.

"Today is a big day hmm" she mutters.
"My baby girl is getting married. Even though it's not willed and you aren't ready, I do hope the best for you. You don't have to worry okay just give us a little time and we'll come to get you okay sweetie." She says kissing my forehead and I nod, yawning.

"Miguel...Miguel mentioned he spoke to Adriano some days ago." She continues and my once sleepy eyes become brighter as I'm more interested in the path the conversation is heading.

"What?" I question hoping to get more out of Mama.

"Miguel said he seems genuine. He said he doesn't quite understand Adriano's interest in you but what he did notice is that Adriano is strong-willed about protecting you and giving you his best. He even assured Miguel that he won't keep us apart and we can call and visit anytime" she replies in an attempt to reassure me.

"But I don't want his best, I don't need him to protect me. I'm perfectly fine as I am. Why does he want to take my happiness away so bad and just cause of a picture" I said, sadness seeping in and my eyes getting teary.

"Huh?" Confused, Mum queries and I fill her in on all Adriano told me.

"Two months at most baby girl," Mom says, kissing my forehead again before getting up from our cuddled position.
"We have to get ready to leave sweetheart," she says gesturing for me to get up then she hugs me and leaves to prepare.

I take deep breaths starting to get stressed about the whole thing.

••
I just got dressed and it's now time to meet with Adriano's family.

I feel a little tense but it can't be that bad right?
Hopefully, they're nice.

Her outfit: