RIASS Chapter 1

(Not Edited)

Melony’s POV

Chapter One

I hide in the closet as my brothers walk into my room ready to rip me to pieces after what I had just done. I was pretty thrilled with the latest prank. I was pretty sure I had broken my old record for how mad they are at me. This prank though was priceless.

So I got home early from babysitting the neighbors kids and I knew that Jackson my oldest brother always has a big bottle of coke he splits with Jaren every Friday after they get done working at the garage for minimum wage. So I sort of put a lot of mentos in his drink and when he opened it with Jaren by his side it exploded in their faces and made a huge mess. I was pretty proud of that prank it wasn’t childish it was more like teenagerish. When I saw him come home I went in my closet right away without them suspecting anything but I could still hear the explosion of coke. I counted one… two…three….. Then I heard it “Melony!!!!!” My brothers Jaren and Jackson yell in unison with complete annoyance and anger of me.

I had to hold in my laugh if I wanted to live, since mom was still at work. Mom was the youngest of five children three of them in which were boys. She was always on my side when it came to me pranking them, that was the best part I never got in trouble because mom never believed them. Dad died when I was ten in a car accident and pranking was sort of my way of coping with it. I look out the corner of the closet door as I see Jackson dripping with coke he’s looking anxiously around my room for me not being smart enough to look in the closet. He slams his fist in the dresser. “She’s going to pay one of these days.”

“Not while mom’s around she won’t even let us touch Melony, rather get back at her we’d be grounded for months.” Jaren says angrily looking through my stuff.

“Someday we’ll find something to hold against her she’s only 14, I’m 16 I don’t get how she is still getting away with all of this crap.”

“Dude, something’s not right?”

“What the heck are you talking about?” Jackson looked at Jaren like he was crazy.

I quickly hide underneath a bunch of clothes and huddle in a corner as I hear Jaren open the closet door.  He looks around as I see in his eyes that he senses that I’m in here. He goes inside and removes the clothes from on top of me. I smile a fake smile as I say swear under my breathe.

 He pulls me up and throws me on my bed. “You are dead meat!” Jackson says smirking coming towards me, he grabs my full water bottle from my night stand and starts to unscrew the cap. Jaren pins me and holds me down, while Jackson starts to tip the water bottle near my head. I squeeze my eyes shut.  “Guys, I’m home!” I hear my mom yell. I open my eyes and grin.

“Now am I going to scream or are you two going to stop.” I can see the anger in both their eyes as Jackson puts my water bottle down and Jaren releases my hands.

 I smile in their anger and skip down the hallway. “Hey, mom how was your day?”

“It was good sweetie, where are-“ She answers her own question as the boys come out still soaked from the coke. “What happened to you two?” my mom asks.

“Yeah, your all wet?” I say to add to the conversation and to add to their anger.

“She put mentos in my coke!” Jackson says pointing at me.

“What? Why would I do that? You guys are my brothers,” I say with a reassuring smile.

“Boys stop blaming your sister on everything. You know when I was little I was constantly in trouble for-“