Part 1

Ha Do-yeong pursed his lips as Moon Dong-eun made her move. Looking back up at her he knew that he couldn't win. He stared into her eyes. Usually people would look away whenever he made contact. She however didn't bother. "Your move." She never said much at these encounters. He flipped his wrists grabbing a small black pebble. The people in the background faded as he studied her face. She had a certain particular energy to her. She had a broad nose, steady eyes, and thin lips. Her voice was said with such monotone that he couldn't imagine her smiling but, the idea that he could cause her to fracture her lips into a laugh filled him with such satisfaction. Even as he started into a game that was well lost. He put down his black pebble. "What are you doing after this?" She paused before putting a white pebble on the board. The room was filled with silence as she made her move. The silence during their game didn't move him anymore but this one made him uneasy.

Could he have asked too much?

"I have to go to work after this." This time he didnt pick up a pebble. For the first time he felt nervous in a way that he hasn't felt in a long time. Even Park Yeon-jin couldn't make him feel this way being with her created a thrill in his body. She created an eccentric element of surprise where he didn't know if he should proceed or if he would get another unsatisfactory response. He determined to not proceed. He had an eerily feeling that she was going to come back. He puts down his pebble finishing the house. He still had so many questions and she was going to answer each one of them.