He was looking for love, but found insanity.

--

Chapter one.

Rain’s Pov

--

“Rain, Lia, Lowana, Callista! Could you all come down here please? I need to talk to you immediately!” My mum shouted up the stairs, making it echo until it reached my room. Luckily it was loud enough to overpower the music we were listening to otherwise my mother would go all ape shit on me like last time, and I’ll tell you one thing, it’s scary as hell.

Ha, I mean scary for my three best friends, I've had to put up with it all my life!

“Yay, Family gathering!” Callista groaned with a roll of her eyes, sarcastic as usual. Lia and I nodded in agreement where’s Lowana bounced up and down happily clapping her hands together, earning some weird looks from us.

“I can’t wait; I wonder if it’s something good like last time?” Lowana asked thoughtfully, we all groaned as we pictured last time. My mother is a successful at home business woman and sometimes it takes a little bit more to gain other company’s approval and so she has to think of something creative, take last time as an example. We had to baby sit 5-7 year old kids, 20 of them to be exact. These kids wanted to go to a kiddie playground that looked totally awesome just out of town, but we found we were too big to fit on the rides. It broke my poor heart, but my heart was ripped out when I noticed Lowana on the blue smurf ride, I love blue smurfs; and so I was angry that I had to be so god damn tall, 5’9 to be exact where Lowana goes by the name pixie for a reason, she's so god damned short! To say I hated her would be a lie, I just hated how short she got to be when she has complained that she hated being short and wanted to be a model like height, apparently like me.

I’ll tell you one thing about being tall, it sucks donkey nuts! And I know Callista and Lia agree with me, them both being a height of 5’7.

I sighed, coming out of my day dream to see everyone staring at me.

“Damnit! I did it again didn’t I?” I groaned.

“Yeah, you were out for 10 minutes this time!” Callista complained.

“Yeah, you need to learn to come to earth a bit quicker Rain; your mum could be up here any second!” Lowana said, also complaining. I waited for Lia to complain next, but weirdly enough she didn’t.

“No complaining Lia? What’s this world coming to?” I asked, throwing my hands in the air dramatically with a roll of my eyes.

“Nope, because guess what? We’re fashionably late for once!” Lia said, grinning. Late? Oh crap I hate being late!

“Ahh!” I cried, running for the door and pulling it open before anything but sprinting down the stairs.

“RAIN!” I heard Lia, Callista and Lowana cry before the ground came rushing up to meet my face.

“Why isn’t this surprising?” I groaned looking up to meet my mothers and about 12 other surprised faces.

“Rain, you alright?” Lia asked, helping me up.

“Like a dandy lion Lia, just peachy you know?” I groaned, shaking my head.

“Do you always have to face plant rain? I hate having to pick you up all the time!” Callista whined, also helping me up.

“No, I do It on purpose to piss you off Callista, it just makes me so happy!” I said sarcastically, pretending to whip away a tear of happiness.

“Why do you never help, pixie?” Lia asked, staring at Lowana with her arms crossed over her chest.

“Well, last time I ended up with her on the ground, I don’t want that happening again!” Lowana whined.