Starlight Greige

AN: For those who don't watch spy x family a quick run down so you aren't confused:

Gray is a spy on a mission to stop the East and West war. To do that, in his mission, he needs to pose as a father and get his child to attend a particular school.

He adopts Greige, who, unbeknownst to Gray, was part of a top-secret experimental project and knows how to read minds. After the project was abandoned, they left Greige at an orphanage.

One of the school rules is that the parents of the kids need to be married. Juvia is an assassin worried about her marriage status since single women in their mid to late 20s are being accused of being spies.

After a fortunate turn of events, Gray and Juvia come up with an agreement to pose as a married couple. Neither are aware of each other's occupation or Greige's abilities to read minds.

"We award this Stella to Greige Fullbuster! For the meritorious deed of helping save another's life." The Headmaster of Fairy Academy, Master Makarov, said with a booming voice as he pinned the Stella badge on the front of the small boys' uniform coat.

Greige stood tall and proud, puffing his chest out as he listened to all the voices that began flooding his head.

"I can't believe he beat me!" One of the little boys pouted off to the side.

"I can't believe Greige did it; he got the first Stella in all of first grade!" His closest friend, Nashi, beamed in excitement as she calmly clapped her hands for the boy.

"An exceptionally elegant feat, Mr. Fullbuster." His headmaster added internally.

Greige felt like he was at the top of the world at that moment as everyone's attention fell on him, but most importantly, he knew he did well in supporting his 'father's' mission to bring peace between the East and West.

"I never expected he would earn a Stella that way. As far as the mission goes, it's an ideal outcome." Gray thought happily as he stared at his 'son.'

Juvia knelt before her 'son' and hugged him tightly. She knew how much this meant to the father and son duo and was so glad she could experience it with them. "Juvia is so happy for her Greige! That was incredible; you really are amazing, isn't that right, Gray-sama?"

Pulling away, Juvia stared up at her 'husband' with a joyous smile, which Greige easily mirrored; anyone walking on the street would have genuinely believed they were a real family.

'It's strange though...." Gray thought as he looked down at Juvia, who was still kneeling on the ground with Greige in her arms. The small boy looking up at him with big blue eyes made his chest feel whole. "I can't help but think of the time I foiled that terrorist attack...." Greige listened to his dad's thoughts carefully as he approached the pair; he could see a pink tint on his cheeks as Gray replayed the old mission in his head. "I feel that same pride today."

"Nice work, Greige." Gray finally said, rubbing the young boy's head in admiration.

"Call me Starlight Greige from now on!" The little boy demands his father, and to his surprise, Gray lets out a hearty laugh.

"Okay, Starlight Greige."

"These two....this family." Greige heard Juvia's thoughts wander. "Juvia is so lucky to be a part of them. Even if it isn't forever."

"Should we go out and celebrate?" Juvia said in a cheerful voice, standing up from her previous position but not letting go of the young boy's hand.

"Caramade Franks!" Greige shouted his suggestion causing both parents to laugh, knowing how much their son loved eating the pastry.