undefined love

I sat on my couch, staring at the empty space in front of me. The room felt hollow, as if a part of me had been ripped away. It had only been a few days since my girlfriend and I had broken up, but it felt like a lifetime.

I heard a knock on the door and I knew exactly who it was. My ex-girlfriend had come to collect her things. I took a deep breath and opened the door, steeling myself for what was to come.

"Hey," she said softly.

"Hey," I replied, trying to keep my voice steady.

We walked into the living room and I watched as she gathered her belongings. There was an awkward silence between us, but I could tell she was holding back tears.

"I just need a moment," she said, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I nodded and gestured for her to follow me outside. We sat on the front porch, surrounded by the stillness of the night. She leaned her head on my shoulder and cried, her tears soaking through my shirt.

"I'm sorry," she whispered. "I'm so sorry for everything."

"It's okay," I said, wrapping my arm around her. "It's okay."

Eventually, she pulled away and wiped her eyes. "Do you want to come over to my place?" she asked hesitantly.

I was surprised by the invitation, but I agreed. We drove to her house in silence, both lost in our thoughts. When we arrived, she fell into my arms and cried once again.

But this time, something was different. The tension between us was palpable, and I knew she felt it too. We held hands and walked to a nearby park, sitting on a bench and talking for hours. It was like old times, and I could see the spark in her eyes that I had missed so much.

As the sun began to set, we stood up and looked at each other. Without a word, we leaned in and kissed passionately. It was like nothing had ever changed between us.

We spent the rest of the night laughing and joking, and I knew that I never wanted to let her go again. When it was time for her to go home, I walked her back and we hugged tightly, not wanting to let each other go.

As I walked back to my own place, I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I knew that we still had a long way to go, but I was willing to do whatever it took to make things right between us.