Chapter 1 Introduction.

Pratapgarh is my nation and I took an oath to protect it before my own life.

My responsibility towards my nation is greater than any materialistic relation for me.

For prathapgrah I'm ready to sacrifice the highest form of desires.

I remember the day when I'd taken an oath to secure my nation. Nothing could ever distract me from my agenda to kill people of talwargarh. I walked through the wing of rajasahab into the chamber of my mother means ranisa. As I came inside I saw her wiping away tears.

"What happened ranisa?" I asked in a polite manner

"Rajkumari what are you doing here? I didn't call you" Ranisa got up from her swing and came near me.

"I came here myself ranisa. I want to talk about a serious matter" I said and she noded in okay

I told ranisa about problems our people are facing due to climatic extremities, I want to provide them necessities as me and my daasi maala had gone to visit districts and we saw a heart wrenching scene where the people of my nation is fighting for meal. I can't see poor people dying out of hunger so I decided to take an action of taking monthly and yearly taxes from them.

"This is such a good idea rajkumari! Yes I will talk to raja sahab about providing enough ration to citizens and banning tax system until situation gets normal"

I smiled at ranisa and hugged her , She always takes my opinion unlike king of pratapgarh. My own father rajasahab.

If I'd told him about this directly then he would've not even heard it properly and denied it right on my face but not when ranisa, His wife speaks to him about my plans and tells him that it's her plan, It hurts sometimes but I'm not allowed to feel any emotion that gets me distracted from my motive.

"Have you talk to your sister yet?" Ranisa asked

My sister rajkumari paro is five years older than me, She's currently twenty four and so delicate and beautiful but her attractive features counts zero in comparison of her heartless behavior and ego that I despise. Because of her attitude and actions people get hurt and she looks like she doesn't care at all.

"About her marraige right?" I asked

Ranisa noded.

"Groom's name is virat singh chauhan I have heard" I said.

"He's the crowned king of our enemy nation talwargarh"

My eyes widened in shock to hear what she told. A crowned king that too of our enemy nation? How did they agree to marry her off to an enemy? I looked at ranisa in disappointment as this is least I have expected from the king and her. I've grown up hating those people and now I can't believe that we are going to build a relationship with them, Anger is flowing through my veins rapidly and my entire body is burning in the flame of pure hatred.

"You know the reason rajkumari sai? It is for our own good. Look at the state of our nation, The poverty has made it's home in here and talwargarh is a rich nation and crowned king has known to be a kind and justice loving ruler. If we take their shelter they will help us alot and they are even ready to forget our past enmity"

"Ranisa...Bowing head and kneeling before enemies is a symbol of being cowards and their slaves , It's not the way to fight against problems. We can change the rules and ask some help from our friend nations like magadh and takshshila rajya" I suggested

"Rajasahab have taken this decision rajkumari. We can't go further their order you know that very well"

I never argued over going further the king's words but now I think for saving the reputation of pratapgarh I have to break rules and create new ones, In no way I'm going to let the deal happen by marrying off my sister to king virat so to give them power for ruling one more nation.