26. Life Could Be A Dream

Life was full of unexpected twists. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected to fall madly in love with the broody and cold man that was Adrian McKeller. Yet there I was, entangled in his arms, a thing sheet between our bodies and our hearts full.

I could feel my cheeks heat up as I remembered the steamy night we had spent together. My body was completely sore, but it was worth it.

"What are you thinking about?" Adrian's voice was hoarse as he spoke. I found the deep, sleepy tone sexy.

I turned around and his blue eyes were staring down at me. A small smile played at the corner of his lips as his fingers brushed back my hair.

"About how happy I am," I replied mirroring his smile.

Adrian's eyes filled with joy.

"I am so damn happy too, my love." Adrian pressed his lips against my forehead. "You have brought so much light into my life. I don't ever want to lose you."

"You won't," I promised. "I'm here to stay by your side."

"Good." Adrian smiled.

He wrapped his arm around me and I laid my head on his bare chest. I could hear his steady heartbeat as he ran his hand through my brown locks.

       "What are we going to do about the contract?" I asked as I drew circles on Adrian's shoulder.

       "We void it and destroy any evidence of it. Then, we start fresh. We'll go on dates like a normal couple and learn everything there is to know about each other," Adrian said as he picked up my hand and placed a kiss on the back of it. "I want our love to grow each day, more and more."

       His hearts warmed my heart. "I want to that, too."

       "How about we start now then?"

       "What do you mean?" I asked with my brows furrowed together.

       "Let's go on a date." Adrian grinned widely. "I saw this really cool place one day on our drive back home. I want to take you there."

       "Let's do it, then." I replied as I felt a giddy feeling build up inside me. It was as if I was back in high school and going on my very first date. "What should I wear?"

"Something casual," Adrian replied.

Casual?

"Such a great help Mr McKeller," I said in a sarcastic tone and Adrian let out an amused chuckle.

"But you love me," he teased and I could not help but smile.

"That I do."

***

       "I am surprised you did not put a blindfold on me," I said as I held my eyes closed.

        "I trust you," Adrian replied with a slight chuckle. "That, and I could not find anything that could serve as a blindfold."

        I giggled at his response.

       Adrian had asked me to stay with my eyes closed until we reached our destination. He wanted it to be a surprise.

       He helped me out of the car and guided me toward my surprise. All the time I remained with my hands over my eyes to stop myself from peeking.

       "Okay, open them." His breathe fanned my neck sending light goosebumps down my back.

        I did as told and fluttered my eyes open.