INTROUCTION

Some people got the psychic, connected-at-hip twin sisters. Some people got the evil, sent-away-to-a-mental-hospital twin sisters who came back and tried to kill them and their friends. Some people got the polar opposites. Some people got a twin that they didn't even know existed for years. And then there's me. I got Hanna.
We don't fit into any of the above categories. Hanna simple doesn't do categories. She loves being different. Says it makes her seem more mysterious and enviable. Unlike me, the poster child for stereotypical no matter being hard I try to be different. Just another example of how life's unfair, which is something that I learned pretty early on. I mean, it's impossible to live with Hannah for over fifteen years and not get jealous basically 24/7.
We might have both gotten big dark blue eyes, second day blowout chocolate-brown hair, freckles, and pale creamy skin, but I'd like to protest that womb-Hanna was a magnet for the better side of those traits
Hanna's hair grew faster (I had to take hair and nail supplements daily), her eyes were darker which made them pop against her even skin (I had blotchy legs and arms, and got dry patches constantly), she had better posture, and her knees weren't as knobby as mine. My one consolation was my clearer skin, but compared to Hannah's laundry list of traits, it was close to nothing. Like I said, unfair.
But then, the summer before sophomore year, everything changed. Call it a coincidence, but I think that fate owed me after all those years of sitting on the sidelines. I'm Caitlin, and this is my story of love, luck, and what family really means.