20. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫

𝐒𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 29𝐭𝐡 𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

•𝐇𝐚𝐞𝐮𝐧'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕•

This morning we woke up and saw that the snow storm had stopped, we left the den and ventured out into the freezing cold house. Thankfully, the cardboard helped with insulation so it wasn't unbearably cold.

I made myself breakfast and offered Jungwon some. Not many words were exchanged between us this morning, it felt awkward with it being just us two.

He accepted my offer and so I made him some cereal, the power still hadn't been fixed so we relied solely on daylight, torches, and candles. After eating breakfast I put my coat on so I could go out and shovel the pathway.

As I was stood by the door about to leave, Jungwon emerged from the kitchen. "Where are you going?" he asked.

Every time I saw him now I felt butterflies and my heart racing, "To clear the path" I replied.

"I'll come help you" he said, I told him to grab a shovel and that I'd go out first.

He disappeared to get his coat and shovel so I opened the door. Snow was piled till it was halfway up the door, I sighed, preparing myself for a lot of hard work. I started on the edges and chucked them off to the side.

Minutes later Jungwon joined me in shovelling. We successfully made it to the bottom of the steps 1 metre away from the front door, not very far at all but progress is progress.

I knew that this would take a few hours at least to get it all done. The awkward silence was killing me, I still don't think that it's possible that he likes me. I assumed he was just practicing on me but I wondered why he'd do that.

About an hour later I decided to break the silence, "Should we take a break? Check if the signal is back?"

Jungwon leaned on the shovel, he was so fine, "yeah". I opened the door and he came in after me, I propped up the shovel on the wall beside the door and took my shoes off.

"What do you want?" I asked so I could get him some food, "I'll do it" he said.

"That's not the right answer" I said from the kitchen, he walked in seconds later, "Tell me what you want and I'll make it"

I relented and moved to sit at the kitchen table, I watched him as he began making sandwiches for us. I lightly smiled and focused my attention on my phone, I saw the signal had returned so I called my mum.

It rang a few times before being picked up, "Haeun sweetheart, I'm so glad you're okay"

I smiled more now, "I'm more glad that you're safe"

My mother spoke with me for a couple of minutes but then Jungwon placed a plate of food in front of me and smiled at me. I could look at that dimpled smile all day. I said goodbye to my mother so I could eat with him.

"Thanks Jungwon", he sat opposite me and took a bite from his food.

"That's alright Haeun, anything for you"

I could not for the life of me figure out if he was serious or not. After a 30 minute break we returned to digging the path out of the snow.

Another hour of digging and all the power in the neighbourhood was back, I was more relaxed now knowing that I could make warm drinks and hot water bottles again. At the same time I heard sirens nearby.

'Oh thank goodness, that must be people rescuing us' I thought.

It seemed that Jungwon also realised this because he looked over towards the road. He turned back and saw me looking at him, I quickly looked back down at what I was doing.