- 5 -

These days, Jimin still hides in school after lessons in fear of his bullies and Jungkook would still ignore him for now in school, but that's fine by him.

Then whenever he gets home, Jungkook would talk to him about his day or hobbies which are photography or going to the park, and laying down on the grass while looking up at the sky. Jimin could tell they are getting closer each time they talk.

Little does he know that Jungkook would observe him from time to time in school, wondering where he would be and what he would be doing.

Today is one of these days when Jungkook sits in the last row and takes notes during the lesson, but not without glancing at the blonde boy who sits by the window two rows in front of him.

Jungkook takes a look around him. Everyone is either constantly drawing notes on their papers or interacting with each other. It's like there's a wall around Jimin. Nobody speaks to him; he appears solitary and miserable.

'No surprise, he wanted someone he could talk to', Jungkook thinks.

"Please work on the assignments I wrote on the board until the next class."

Jungkook gathers his things together and prepares to go, having another look at Jimin, who basically stuffs his stuff in his back hastily and gets out as quickly as he can.

Sure, there is nothing in this room that would hold him back, but why did he run away?

Jungkook gets concerned and decides to follow him silently. However, when he exits the classroom, there is no sign of Jimin where he might have gone.

During the break, Jungkook looks into every accessible classroom in anticipation of finding him somewhere but without success. He then chooses to look in the restrooms and other rooms but is still unable to find him.

The next time he checks his phone, it shows the end of the break. With a deep sigh, he gives up on searching. If he still isn't back by the next lesson, he would go and search again.

Jungkook arrives at the classroom just in time to observe Jimin sitting in the last row and attempting to cover his wrist with his sleeve. Jungkook's wrath grows as he stares at the other wrist. Jimin's pale wrists are coated in dull purple spots.

Worry takes over him and Jungkook blends out what others might think as he strides determined towards Jimin, he feels terrible for not finding Jimin in time to prevent whatever occurred to him.

Jungkook slams his hands on Jimin's table before grabbing his hand and dragging him out of class, catching the attention of his classmates behind him. But that's something he couldn't care less about right now, when his first priority is to make sure Jimin is okay.

"What has gotten into you?!" Jimin asks with a quizzical look, their eyes meeting. Jungkook ignores the lines forming between Jimin's brows.

"Jimin, are you alright?"

"Yes, I am fine. Did you seriously-" Jimin stops talking, and gasps as Jungkook carefully lifts his hand up and pulls his sleeves up, exposing the purple bruises that cover his arms.

"You're obviously not fine," Jungkook says in a hushed voice, layered with concern, before he adds, "What happened?"

He examines both wrists closely and then softly runs his fingers over them.

Jimin looks down, unable to meet Jungkook's gaze. He gnaws on his bottom lip, shrugging. "Nothing big happened. I just... rushed down the stairs and before I knew it, I was on the ground."