Chapter 1

Yuuji didn't want to admit it, but he could remember exactly when it started.

The first basic check up/physical he'd gotten from Shoko, there was only one part he remembered. "You're surprisingly heavy for your size."

He knew the reverse curse user didn't mean anything by it... And was really only a comment about his musculature... But for some reason, it stuck...

And they continued to stick.

After hurting his ankle Megumi went to heft him onto his back to help carry him, but the shadow user grunted and leaned him against a wall, "'Bara, come help me with Yuuji, I can't carry him myself."

The logical part of Yuuji's brain knew they were all exhausted, and Megumi took enough blows to his own body that even if he was half his size the other would have struggled. But the rest of Yuuji didn't take it that way.

Sukuna had come to figure out how to really get under his skin... "You know brat, you take up too much space." And he found himself beheaded and launched from Sukuna's domain...

Yuuji was being his usual too caring self, making lunch for them after the second years got back from a mission.

"Wow Yuuji, that's a lot of food. We probably can't finish it all, we can't pack it down like you can."

A light-hearted jab, but something dark roiled in his stomach. He barely ate anything that day... Everything tasted like ash.

He'd started making up excuses then. He was tired, he had snacks in his room, and he'd eaten already alone.

Hell, he'd barely visited the vending machines or the kitchen in weeks.

With Gojo on a long mission, no one seemed to notice.

It wasn't like he was doing anything bad... They didn't need to worry. He was shorter than Megumi and had nearly 20 kg more on him.

If he was training more than usual, it was simple, he needed to get stronger so he didn't get left behind.

When he started to look at himself in the mirror, it seemed like something was shifting, there was more... There was just more, he was soft... His thighs too thick, his waist too broad. He was pinching and tugging at fat that really wasn't there, but that's not what the mirror was telling him... That's not what Sukuna had been telling him... That's not what his best friends had been telling him.

As the thoughts whirled and stormed in his head, his fist had connected with the mirror.

Yuuji gasped, broken from his revelry as the pieces filled the sink, his knuckles sliced.

He wasn't even thinking really. He was only stuck on the fact that he felt something for the first time in ages. Even if it was pain, it was everything.

He grabbed the largest piece, easiest to hold, and slid into his tub.

Two hours later, he was sitting on the edge wrapping his thighs, biceps, and ankles in gauze. Collapsing into bed after feeling numb again.

~~~~~

He woke up the next morning to an incessant knocking on his door.

"Yuuji! Sensei's back! Let's go get breakfast!"

"G-Gojo?" Yuuji froze, sitting up in bed. Regretting it immediately with the way his head spun and dark spots swarmed his vision. "I-I'm not feeling well Sensei... Maybe some other time."

"My little Yuuji's sick? Let Sensei take care of you. I'm coming in."

"N-No!." But it was too late, the man was standing in his doorway, and Yuuji knew he saw everything. He hated himself for not putting more than some briefs on. He knew his sensei would see where his pudge folded and bulged where he curled in on himself. The ugly rust-stained bandages wrapped around him... He felt like a monster as he sobbed into his hands. Gojo would hate him now.

But on the other side, Gojo tugged his sunglasses off, frozen in place as his eyes raked over too prominent ribs and hips, sunken cheeks, and massive bags under his eyes. "Yuuji." He said firmly. "Yuuji.... Bunny, what happened to you?"