𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲

FORTY
-
40

Almost Death -

Almost Death
-

"NANAMI, WHATS WRONG?"

Gojo asked with worry, as Nanami came running towards him in a crazed panicked state. His glasses were broken, his clothes burned in places, his hair disheveled, and a open cut that ran through his eyebrows only barely missing his eye.

"I-It's M-Mieko, s-she's gone c-crazy!"
Nanami panted as he ran, trying to take cover in under Gojo.

"It's Cheonsa!"
Mieko bellowed, coming down from the sky. She landed directly behind Nanami, just moments before he could run behind Gojo's back like his intentions were. She raised a pole arm she made from her electric cursed energy, smashing it into Nanami's back making the man fall to his knees.

"Please, Mieko!"
Nanami cried as he harshly hit the ground.
"Whatever's the matter, we can fix it!"

"Call me Mieko again, and expect more no mercy!"

"Mieko— "
Mieko growled loudly, rearranging her pole arm into a sharp spear.
"I'm sorry for whatever I've done, please forgi—"

In the corner of Nanami's pleading eyes, his heart momentarily stopped as the very point of Mieko's spear glistened, as she thrusted it force— had it not been for Gojo's domain expansion Nanami would've been split in two halves.
Gojo hadn't used the barrier to entrap Mieko, only as a way of blocking the attack, to save Nanami. Everything had happened in slow motion for Nanami, Mieko's angered face of force, her spear, and Gojo's domain expansion incasing him. He hadn't notice how he held his breath, until his heart pumped once again and he snapped back to reality of being saved by Gojo.

"Thank you."
He breathed out in a singular breath. He let his eyes wander around Gojo's domain expansion, mentally sighing of relief to be alive while also cursing himself for not knowing how to do domain expansion himself.

He then started to wonder if Mieko knew how to do it, and what her domain would look like. The thought of her made him ask his next question.
"What's gotten into her?"

"My six eyes tell me, Nanami, that... that woman is not Mieko."
Gojo told Nanami with little emotion.

"W-what do y-you mean?"
Nanami stuttered, feeling his heart drop once more, into a deeply pit feeling.

"There is a curse placed upon her."
Gojo said flatly.

"Huh?"
Nanami murmured out, a small tear rolling down his cheek.

"She has no identity. The curse makes her into a blank slate with nothing in her mind, but her order."

"And what's that order?"
Nanami asked wearily.