Introduction

The world had been pretty difficult to deal with for a fairly long time as far as anyone with decent observation skills could remember. From natural disasters to political squabbles, a day never passed where someone somewhere wasn't squawking about some issue no matter how big or small! Yeah, no one would've ever imagined that something could've happened out of nowhere that would effectively make everything a trillion times more complicated as though reality itself had literally been flipped upside down!

Unfortunately, of course, something like that is exactly what happened. Although, to be fair, what did end up happening couldn't have been something anyone would've thought possible.

It all started with an odd illness that rapidly spread across the entire continent of North America and infected all the unfortunate victims it possibly could. Those that got sick displayed various symptoms. A few could call themselves lucky since they didn't really have anything obvious happen to them that would turn heads, while others almost instantaneously had drastic changes occur to themselves that just couldn't be ignored! Some were miserable for excruciatingly long periods, none of which culminated in fatal outcomes thankfully. But, at times, quite a few wished they had once the shocking results of their infections slowly began to surface...

Saying when and where the first curious case had originated would be next to impossible! Really, it actually felt as though multiple cases just popped up in various areas all around the country seemingly at once! It had been pure madness, to say the least! Reports had been pouring in by the thousands from all corners of the states, each one more bizarre and unbelievable than the last! After all, despite years of dreams and desires, along with multiple creative franchises...Who could've possibly imagined that one day thousands of people would somehow have developed superpowers?