Chapter 1

Notes: no episode for this to match with as this is just an introduction Though we do start of in season 1 I hope you enjoy and please leave a review.

"Hey hotch do you have a minute" lucy asked standing in the doorway of his office. Hotch glanced up from is paperwork to see his friend who looked like she shouldn't even be out of bed yet with all her of her injurys. "Yes of course I do please sit before I'm picking you up off the floor should you even be out of hospital lucy" hotch asked questionably. Lucy winced as she say in the chair across from him "I couldn't stand staring at the four same walls all day long i need to get out of there" "okay I can understand that but what are you doing here lucy you of all people know I cannot and will not let you work in this condition" he said concernly. Lucy looked up at hotch and gave him a soft smile "I know but after everything i have to get away for awhile so that's why I'm here I'm going home to hawaii for awhile to see my parents" she says "Lucy is that really something you should be doing you have broken ribs a punctured lung and your recovering from two gunshot wounds not to mention the..." "hotch don't even go there I know but I can't stay here" Lucy said defensively " I understand you needing to get away please just call if you need anything lucy day or night even if its just to talk" hotch said to her as he stood up. "Thanks hotch goodbye" she said while awkwardly hugging him trying not to hurt herself.

As Lucy descended the steps from Hotchs office to the bullpen she took a moment to look at her team she trusted these guys with her life but in this very moment she just could not be around them. Lucy said her goodbyes and made her way out to her car. "hey wait Lucy wait up" morgan shouted at her. Lucy stopped and turned around to look at him. "Whats wrong Morgan i have to get going or im going to miss my flight" "I'ts just you know lucy you don't have to go we are all here for you hell I'll sleep on your couch if it makes you feel any better" morgan said to her pleading her to stay. Tears start to run down Lucy's face. "Morgan I know you would but I can not stay here right now I need to get away" she begged him to understand her. "I understand but I need you to know thst you can reach out to me whenever" Morgan said to her. "I know Morgan I swear now come here and give me a hug" she said laughing through her tears. Morgan watched her get in the car and drive away he only hope she'd be ok on her own.

H50H50H50H50H50H50H50H50H50H50H

Lucy landed in hawaii that evening in pain and hungry. She had no idea what she was doing her parents didn't know she was coming she hadn't really been back to hawaii much since she was 18. The island always held to much bad memories for her. "What am I even doing here" she thought to herself as she got into the rental car. She figured she would stop and get something to eat before going to see her parents.

Lucy had stopped off at kamekonas shrimp truck purely because to view from where she had sat down to eat her garlic shrimp was amazing. She thought back to when she was younger this was what she loved doing watching the view and the sunset with Steve. Her mind drifted to him she wondered how he was. Her thoughts were interrupted by some guy "I've never seen you here haole how'd you like the shrimp. The names kamekona" Kamekona said to her curiosity peaking in his voice. "Firstly for your information I was born on this island left when I was 18 for college secondly the food is lovely and my name is lucy its a pleasure to meet you" she said to him outstretching her hand to shake his. Kamekona sat down across from her looking over the visible bruises on her face.

"So what brings you back to this treasure of an island" he asked "I'm taking a break from work thought I'd come see some family while I had the chance" she replied as she put the last piece of shrimp in her mouth. " Always nice to come see ohana I'm guessing that's work was where the bruises came from" he ask concernly. "Yes you are right I work for the FBI and got injured but I'm fine. Thanks for the food Kamekona but I must get going now" she said to him as she eased herself off the bench gently. Kamekona got up alongside her. "anytime goodbye Lucy" "goodbye kamekona" Lucy got into her car slowly and drove off heading for her parents home.

As she got out of the car that evening at her parents she couldn't help but linger outside for a couple minutes looking at the house across from her. Her mind went instantly to John Mcgarrett and how he was murdered in his own home she was sorry she couldn't be there for his funeral. Her mind then went to Mary she hoped she had been okay through all of this but most of all her mind lingered on Steve all the good memories she shared with him in that house when they were younger. she knows what Steve was like she could only hope he wasn't bottling it all up. She noticed the truck in the drive she wondered if maybe they sold the house. Eventually she made her way into her parents house.

Her parents met her halfway "lucy what happened are you okay" her mother asked tears welling in her eyes looking at her daughters defeated state. "When we left you in the hospital you said you were doing ok we never expected you to show up in Hawaii" her father finished. Lucy just bursted into tears. Her parents rushed over to her to give her a hug. "I just needed my family" she replied. That broke her parents they all just stood there hugging each other for awhile.

As time passed and Lucy caught up with her parents she asked "Did Mcgarrett's sell the house I saw a truck outside it" "No Steve moved into it" her father replied to her. "He transferred to the reserves and is running his own task force I was told by a friend" her mother added. Lucy went yo bed that night eith her thoughts running a million miles per hour she couldn't believe Steve was on the island she never thought she would see him again. She didn't know if it was a good or bad thing.