Prologue

Weddings are overrated. Girls get crazy about what dress they would wear, what shoes would they pair, what hairstyle suits them well, what music will be played, what food will be served, what kind of flowers will she hold, what date will the big day be, and on and on and on..

Why shouldn't they be crazy, right? Their wedding day is the 'stepping stone to their forever'.

That will be the day they will walk down the aisle. The same day they will exchange vows with the one they love and loves them back. The exact day they will say the famous two words of the 'wedding day dictionary', I Do.

And that's all they can ever think of.

Well, marriage is the understatement of the century. After that big day, everything will change. You will go home to a different house. You have to share your bed. You have to do everything for the two of you. Not for yourself alone, but for the both of you.

You're neck is tied with an invisible leash and your partner's the holding the other end.

You're no longer free.

And that scares me the most.

And there's this red carpet that makes my eyes hurt. Why does it have to be red?

She's walking down the aisle. One step forward, no turning back. One step closer, no holding back. And the more she gets near, the more I got terrified. Terrified of this whole concept. Every little detail of it.

I love her. I do. But I just don't think I can go through with this.

That's why I ran for the door. Out of the church. And let them chase after me..

I don't know what to do. I've got nothing else in my mind but one thing. And that's to run.

"Stop running away, Adam!"

I just have to run away from my bride..