Two Heroes Special! Act 2: Future's Paradox!

David watches a video on his phone, smiling softly as he hears a young Melissa's laughter on his phone.

"Papa, look!  The leaves, they're so pretty!"  A young Melissa exclaimed as sounds of leaves rustling is heard.  "There's so many of them on the ground!"

"Melissa, don't jump into the pile like that!  You don't know what could've been underneath it!"  David's voice from the video called out as he laughed.  

"Good grief, so much energy for her age; are you sure you'll be able to keep up with her darling?"  The woman behind the camera asked as she chuckled.

"Come on, upsy daisy!  Papa will lift you up high so you can see everything!"  David said to Melissa as he lifted her up from the pile of leaves and placed her on his shoulders.

"How's the view from Papa's shoulders Melissa?"  The woman behind the camera asked.

"Wow!  I can see even more of the pretty trees now!  Mama, you climb on Papa's shoulders too!"  Melissa exclaimed.

"I'm fine right here honey, Papa's back can't support the both of us you know."  The woman replied as she chuckled.

"Hey, come on Vanessa, I'm old but I'm not that old!"  David exclaimed.

"Papa's old?"  Melissa asked curiously.

"Not so old that I can't do this at least!"  David replied as he began to lift Melissa even higher, making airplane noises with his mouth as he ran around.

"Weee!"  Melissa exclaimed spreads her arms out and laughs as David continued to run around.

"I'm glad we were able to come here together, it's been so long since we did something like this as a family!"  Vanessa said to David, who lowers Melissa as he turns back to the camera.

"Me too.  I might be busy with my research and work, but I made you both a promise that this entire week would just be about us as a family only."  David said as he approached Vanessa.  "I know I haven't been able to be there for either of you much, both as a husband and a father...  I know I've made promises I wasn't able to keep...  So many promises...  That's why I'm going to make it all up to you now!  The both of you!"

"Does that mean...?"  Melissa asked.

"Yup, no work is going to get in the way of us spending time together as a family!  Papa's going to be right here with you and Mama and no where else!"  David said to Melissa.  "That's one promise I'm definitely going to keep!  A whole week with my family!"

"Yay!"  Melissa exclaimed as she hugged David.  "I love you Papa!"

"I love you more!"  David replied as he snuggled against Melissa's face.

"I love you three thousand!" Melissa replied.

"Oh ho ho!  You hear that Vanessa?  She loves me times three thousand!"  David teased.  "Looks like you've got competition now

"But I love Mama times infimiteny!"  Melissa declared, turning David pale with shock.

"Come on, smile for the camera you two!" Vanessa said to the two as she giggled.

"Cheese!" David and Melissa said together as they smiled, ending the video.

"Cheese!"  David and Melissa said together as they smiled, ending the video