The Ocean Far and Wide

"It's so blue! I never imagined it would be so big." Eren ran up to the shore and stared to see how far he could see. His green eyes filled with wonder and amazement. "Can you even see where it ends? Does the ocean even end?" He couldn't help but make a wide grin on his face. Who wouldn't after achieving their dream? After all, it was all he wanted.

"I know, right? I knew it would be big but get this, Eren. It's even more huge then what we see now! The book said that it would take years to swim or even sail across it." Armin smiled and even gave chuckles here and there as he stood barefooted before the calm waters. His blonde hair waved with the breeze and so did Eren's dark brown locks. Neither one of them could believe what they were seeing. "Is this what years of pain and sorrow is worth?"

"Definitely." He stared into Armin's ocean-colored eyes and thought that nothing is no longer impossible as long as they had the Wings of Freedom on their backs and their heads held high through it all. "After all we've been through, it's definitely worth it. I just wish Mikasa could be here with us, you know?"

"Yeah. She wasn't as excited to see the ocean, but she wanted to go everywhere you wanted to go." Armin busted out laughing and that made Eren's face glow a bright shade of pink. Mikasa had always had a little crush on Eren, but there just wasn't enough time for them to be together long enough. After all, what would be the point now? Sadness could then be seen from Eren's eyes, and Armin knew the excitement was gone. "Hey, sorry about that. That was uncalled for. I'm sorry, Eren."

"No worries." He mumbled. Eren then looked at the sky above them, seeing the seagulls with their white feathers soaring with wings wide open. It reminded him of how free everyone wanted to be from the titans. They wished to accomplish their dreams and soar high with the birds with their insignias high for everyone to see. "She was born to be a soldier unlike us. You have to fight to win and if you don't fight, you lose. That's how it's always been since the beginning, since the time Mikasa and I met." Eren tightened the red scarf around his neck more, and felt the fabric rub against his skin. "I think that the titans broke that rule since you fought to the very end, Mikasa. I love you."

- Did it hurt? Good. My work here is done. HAHAHA!!! -