5. Wei Ying is staying

Wei Ying was standing infront of the stairs that led to Lan Qiren's office, not knowing what to do." Lan Zhan, what do I do?". He asked, turning to Lan Zhan." Knock". He said as he gently nudged the younger towards the door. They both went up the stairs and Wei Ying knocked. "Come in". They heard a voice say from inside. Wei Ying opened the door and walked inside, Lan Zhan going in after him.
They saw Qiren sitting in the middle of the room, two seats infront of the table he had infront of him." Hello Wangji, Wei Wuxian". He said as Lan Zhan and Wei Ying both bowed to the older." Hello uncle". Responded Lan Zhan." Hello Master Lan". Said Wei Ying." You can both sit". He said as he invited the two boys to sit.

They both went to the seats and sat down." So Wei Ying, i take it that you know why you are here?". Asked the man sitting infront of the two." I don't actually, but Zewu-Jun did mention that you wanted to talk to me". He replied." It is correct, i wish to speak to you about your staying here". He said, Lan Zhan noticed how Wei Ying tensed up, probably worrying about Lan Qiren not wanting him here.

Before his disappearance, Lan Qiren had been his teacher and had not been fond of the younger as he would often get punished for breaking the rules if the cloud recesses." If you are to stay here, you have to abide by the rules, you do know that, correct?". He asked, Wei Ying looking at him with wide eyes, and then looking at Lan Zhan with a big smile on his face." Yes, i do know". He said as he turned to the older to look at him again." Good, so where do you wish to sleep, we have plenty of rooms". Said The older Lan, but before Wei Ying could reply, Lan Zhan intervined." Wei Ying sleeps in Jingshi". As he said that, both Wei Ying and Lan Qiren looked at him.

The older with a weird look and the younger with a flustered look." But you never let anyone in your room?". He said, not understanding why his favorite student was letting Wei Ying sleep in his room." It is not a problem". He responded, wich made Wei Ying slightly blush." Very well then, you may leave now". He said as both of the boys got up and bowed to the older, leaving and closing the door after saying a last goodbye.

The two were walking around cloud recesses when a question came to Wei Ying's mind." Lan Zhan, why do you let me in your room but not other people?". He asked. Lan Zhan seemed to contemplate his answer, not knowing how to reply, but after a moment he answered." Other people not special like Wei Ying". He said, wich made Wei Ying smile at the older's cuteness." Aw Lan Zhan, are you saying i'm special?". He teased, not expecting the older to respond or give him a reaction.
But surprisingly, the older gave a slight nod, his cheeks becoming a very light shade of pink while his expression remained the same. Wei Ying, who got amused by the reaction the other gave, chuckled at his flustered state.

They continued walking when they heard the sound of a bell ringing, indicating that it was now lunch time. The two, not having eaten yet, realized that they were quite hungry, so they changed direction and headed towards the eating hall where everybody would go too to eat. When they came in together, a lot of disciples and elder Lan's started at the two boys as they came in together, especially Wei Ying as he followed Lan Zhan to his table that he shared with his brother and pulled up a seat for Wei Ying, but they looked away as they saw Lan Zhan glare at them for looking. They both started eating the traditional plaine dishes of the Lan clan when Lan Zhan noticed how Wei Ying looked as thou he was forcing himself to eat the food, and he realized that Wei Ying was probably used to eating the spicy food from Lotus pier." Lan Zhan, do you have anything spicy?". He then asked.

And as if on perfect timing, Lan Zhan pulled out a little bottle of spices from his sleeves and gave it to Wei Ying, who was looking at him, surprised and amused at the same time at the fact that the other had bottle of spices in his sleeves. He put the entire bottle into his meal and started eating with much more enjoyment. After they were done eating, Lan Zhan had to go to the library to do his daily reading, and so Wei Ying went with him walking behind him.

Heyyyy, i hope you enjoy this chapter, don't forget to vote

Have a great day/night