August jr.

15 years later (August POV)
I am very sick. I have been in the hospital for five weeks. I'm kind of upset because Summer and I have only been married for 2 years; and now that Summer is pregnant I have to stay here. We wanted to leave it be a surprise and we're very excited. I'm glad that Summer comes and visits me quite often and sometimes stays overnight. Mom and Via come but not as much as Summer. She's always made me so happy every since in middle school when she came up to me at lunch and made me feel happy inside, we named the table we sat at, the Summer table because we both have\ summer names.
After a few more weeks in the hospital the doctors told me that I was fine and that I could leave. It seemed that it was the longest drive home from the hospital. Summer and I were talking. I kinda tuned out after a while, but I have to admit it was better than staying in the hospital staring at a wall day till night. I tuned back in and we started talking about names for the baby. "what about Jennifer, Sara, Patricia, Joy, macyn, Isabella, payton, paris". I stopped her. "What about if it was a boy". I said. Summer started again. "Well than there's Jacob, Harold, Ryan, Steve, Declan, Israel". I stopped her again. "What about Jack" I thought. "You know because Jack Will is one of both our best friends". "Yes I think that that would be a wonderful name, but we don't have to figure out that now". We ended our conversation just as we pulled in the driveway of our house. We walked into the door, and it was completely silent. As I took a few more steps into the house the lights went on and People jumped up and said "SURPRISE". I had the happiest feeling inside me. All my family, Summer's family, and all of our friends were there too. We had the best party that night there was cake and everything.
It was the next day and I woke up I felt good, home from the hospital. Suddenly the phone rang and Summer beat me to it. As she was talking she had a smile on her face. She said "Yes, I'm sure he would love that. see you tomorrow". Summer hung up and I asked her who it was and what did they want. She told me "It was our old principal from Beecher prep., remember Mr. Tushman". "What did he want". I asked. "He wanted you to talk about you life and how so many people were mean to you". She said. I told Summer that I would love to do that and she told me it was tomorrow, so I prepared q-cards.
I woke up with a good feeling inside. Summer came with me to our old school. I was amazing walking through those doors again. I had a good feeling about this just until a little kindergarten saw me and ran down the hallway screaming. I walked down to the principal's office to see where Mr.Tushman was. Right when I stepped into the office he paged down the classes to the gymnasium. When they were all seated I walked up onto the stage and started speaking, but instead of reading what I had written on my cards saying don't bully it's not nice, I spoke of some real experiences i've had during middle school, of how I went to an actual school for the first time and how people have bullied me and how those bullies are still out there.
as we pulled in the driveway I was happy about what just happened. Maybe people might not bully one another so much now. I thought to myself.
The next day I didn't feel so well. I was dizzy and I had a lot of chest pains. I told Summer and she dialed nine, one, one and they rushed me to the hospital. I'm having a heart attack. Suddenly the room got dark. That was it.
A/N (author's note)
Summer goes into labor soon after August died. It was a boy and they called him
August jr. in memory of August
By Emily Longworth