Act 1 : The opening kill.

A suburban house at night. Crickets chirp. In a small town called Woodsboro in the summer.

Devin, an 18 year old that lives in a group house with his friends stands at the island, making pasta in a pot. Texting his friends in the groupchat that live in the house with him.

Devin smiles and texted the group chat back : "How did Grayson do that??"

Chason texts back : "I don't know but he just spilt a FUCKING SLUSHIE ON MY SHIRT".

The others in the chat reacted to Chason's message trying to laugh about it.

Devin rolls his eyes as he is adding more sauce into the pasta, picks up the phone again and types : "Well did you do anything to him?" they pause and added "He is your brother after all"

On the wall the landline rings. Blocked caller. Devin frowns then ignores it, i mean it's landline after all it isn't that bad right?

Kade response comes : "Chason you'll be fine don't sweat it"

Devin takes the phone, puts it under the shirt, as he snaps a picture. On the wall he puts the landline phone back on its place as it stops ringing. The landline rings again. Devin frowns once more before she can get a response from the group chat. He exhales a sign where she should answer it, he walks over to the landline and picks up the phone.

"Hello?" Devin asked in a kind voice.

A kind but familiar voice on the other end "Hello. Is Mary there?"

"Is this her son?" the same voice turned a little raspy

he'd sighed and get's a bit anxious , Devin started walking around the kitchen "May i take a message?"

The voice on the other end "sorry yeah, i'm from her... shit."

He had raised an eyebrow "From her shit?"

"Uhm, just tell her I'm from a group. I'm charlie. She has my number."

"A group?"

The other person on the line stayed silent for 30 seconds on the line. The voice had to think quickly before they ran out of time.

"Look, I shouldn't have... Just tell her Charlie called yeah?" the voice on the line had said

Devin sighed once more as he was walking around playing with the knives "I will do that exactly charlie, once you tell what kind of group this is?"

"I don't think I can do that."

Devin shook his head and ticked her mouth "Nah, if so it's about time to–"

"I'm really sorry I'd bothered you."

"Does she talk about me in this group?"

He picked up his phone and texted the group chat "Dude i think my mom's new boyfriend is calling."

Grayson responded : "Seriously???"

The voice starts talking again : "She loves you very much–"

"What does she love about me?"

The voice was about to start back up again until Devin cut him off.

"You're a little bit in deep shit here charlie, because from what id understand anonymity is kinda the corestone of these bad boys, so since you already screwed that particular pooch, i propose to you answer my question."

The silence breaks through. The voice takes a deep breath.

The voice begins to speak again "She loves that you're creative,You love art, Tv and Movies-"