Chapter 1: Not a secret

"Tian. Do you remember? You missed one star that night when you counted. I found it. The last star. It is you. You are the star that falls to me."

"What have you done?" Tian chuckled. "You know how to sweet talk now?"

"Now you have got the thousand stars. Make a wish once again." Phupha held his waist closer.

"I wish for us to never be apart again." Tian said with a tremble to his voice.

"We will never be apart...indefinitely." Phupha promised as they hugged tightly. Nothing has ever felt more right than holding Tian close like this. Until a moment later, when they pulled apart just far enough to be able to kiss.

A kiss, one of few they secretly exchanged when no one was around, and a couple of hand touches they tried to make look subtle. Days turned into weeks, weeks into a month, then two and three. How many more secret dates did they have to endure? What was stoping them from being open about their relationship? "Hey Chief." Rang giggled drunkenly. "You think you got a secret. But you really don't!" Laughter erupted around the table as his friends pointed at him. The man shook his head, glancing over the people of the opposite table. It was Longtae's birthday, yet he paid most attention to Tian, sneakily looking at him, just to reassure himself his lover is happy and smiling.

"I don't have a secret." Phupha took a sip of his drink and Yod patted his shoulder. "Of course you don't!" The older man laughed. "Because everyone in the village already knows since nong Tian first came here!" Phupha sighed. Without a word he stood up and crossed the village square to get to Longtae's table where he sat next to Tian, arm immediately wrapping around his waist. "Are you drunk?" Tian asked, taking a whiff. There was barely any smell of alcohol on Phupha's breath when he kissed Tian on the lips infront of everyone. Something that the villagers witnessed for many more days to come.