The Mysterious Forest

Taehyung was walking home alone on Halloween night. It was dark, spooky and there weren't many lights on. He decided to take a shortcut through the forest, all alone, with barely any light. He checked his pockets for his phone but he didn't find it in any one of them. He was about to step foot into the dark forest until he heard a voice. The voice was husky, deep, and rough. It was saying something but he could barely hear it. The voice sounded like it was trying to warn him. "Beware of the Dark Forest on Halloween Night, a beast lies within the deep brush and trees. Hidden within a cave that can't be seen with just a human eye." Suddenly the figure stepped out of the shadows it was hidden in.

When Taehyung saw their face, he was surprised. It was Jimin, but his eyes were glowing a weird color. They were glowing this bright blue color, illuminating in the dark. Taehyung walked up to his platonic soulmate and waved his hand in front of his face. Jimin didn't blink, but kept repeating the same phrase over and over again. "Beware of the Dark Forest on Halloween Night, a beast lies within the deep brush and trees. Hidden within a cave that can't be seen with just a human eye.... Beware of the Dark Forest on Halloween Night, a beast lies within the deep brush and trees. Hidden within a cave that can't be seen with just a human eye." "Jiminie, are you okay? Why are you out here? You went home hours ago." Taehyung asked him. Jimin suddenly turned and disappeared from sight, leaving Taehyung all alone again. Sighing, he started walking into the forest. He really needed to get home fast.

As he walked through the forest, he heard the hoots of an owl, the branches and twigs crack as he stepped on them. The forest so dark, with only the moonlight lighting the way. He was walking peacefully until he heard a growl and the sound of footsteps behind him. He started walking faster, and the footsteps started getting louder and closer. Apparently he had passed a hidden cave while he was walking. It looked just like a hill to any human eye, but what had lurked inside saw Taehyung as he walked by. The beast wanted to see him up close, so he walked out of the cave and stalked behind Taehyung for a while. The beast knew Taehyung could hear them just by the way he started to walk faster.

It was about 2 minutes before the beast caught up to Taehyung. He felt a hand land on his shoulder. Startled he flinched and jumped back. He turned back to see this tall male standing behind him. He had a sharp jawline, his lips plump and pink, curly dark brown hair, with a cute nose.

 He had a sharp jawline, his lips plump and pink, curly dark brown hair, with a cute nose

Taehyung stared at him. The supposed beast was a young male, that looked like an adorable bunny. The beast had glowing yellow eyes that made him want to stare into them for eternity. Suddenly, Taehyung heard him speak, "Hi, my name is Jungkook. What are you doing all the way out in the forest this late." he asked Taehyung. Taehyung quickly snapped out of his initial shock and responded back, "Hello, I'm Taehyung and I'm taking a short cut to get home." Taehyung quickly said wanting to get out of the forest as fast as he could. "I can show you a faster way out of here."

Taehyung nodded fast. To Jungkook it looked like he was trying to give himself whiplash. "Follow me." Taehyung and Jungkook walked, it took about 5 minutes before they were at the edge of the forest. Now, near the apartments where Taehyung lived with his roommate, Jimin. Taehyung turned around to face Jungkook, wanting to ask him a question. "Hey Jungkook, why do you live in the forest? You seem like a very nice person." Jungkook froze in his place, surprised he asked that. "I live in the forest to protect you humans from being bitten by the vampires that live within the shadows. I should get going now. Be careful next time going into the forest alone." Jungkook them smiled at Taehyung with his cute bunny smile. Taehyung smiled back, showing off his boxy smile. "Thank you Jungkook. I'll forever be in your debt." He then turned around, and started walking away. He turned back around and yelled, "I HOPE WE CAN MEET AGAIN SOMEDAY!" while waving. Jungkook waved and turned back to the forest once more. He took off running back to his cave. While Taehyung turned around and walked towards his apartment. I guess what Jimin meant about 'Beware of the Dark Forest on Halloween Night, a beast lies within the deep brush and trees. Hidden within a cave that can't be seen with just a human eye.' was the vampires and not Jungkook.
I'm glad he's no beast.

A/N ok so apparently I wrote this back in October of 2020?? like i don't even remember writing it but it's fricken cringe but i'm publishing it anyway-