𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

I felt a cold breeze on my skin. The sunbeam slipped in under the curtain. I turned around and saw Simon laying next to me. He opened his eyes and smiled.

I heard someone knocking on the door. It was my mother. I slowly opened my eyes. Shit it was just a dream.

Tonight was Christmas Eve. I didn't feel like it because there were all kinds of people I don't care about at all.

Always those rich people who always want to talk to me because of my position. I am also often introduced to girls my age on such holidays.

"Wilhelm get dressed and come downstairs." she said in an annoyed tone. I mumbled in myself and walked over to the closet.

I was looking for a suit that was right for this occasion. But then I saw it. Eric's suit.

It was the suit he wore for Christmas last year. Tears stung my eyes.

I had completely forgotten that I still had it in my closet, I had borrowed it from Erik once. I guess I wanted to keep it or something and not give it back.

My phone rang, I picked it up right away. "Hey Wille", it was Felice. She sounded very happy so she probably had good news.

"Hey", I hoped she didn't hear my trembling voice.

"Are you okay Wilhelm? Did something happen?" She sent a request to FaceTime. I accepted and wiped my tears from my cheeks.

"I came across Erik's suit in my wardrobe", the tears didn't stop and I wiped them all the time.

"Oh Wilhelm I'm so sorry. I wish I could be with you right now. I'm sorry I called you."

"No, it really doesn't matter. I'm probably just overreacting, it's been a month. But what did you want to say?"

"Wilhelm, you really aren't overreacting you lost your best friend and brother. It's alright to be emotional. And we're coming to dinner tonight. So you're not all alone."

I smiled, "Okay now I actually feel a lot better. What time are you here?"

"Around 7 o'clock or something" I nodded, "well then I'll see you later."

I checked whatsapp to see if I had any new messages. Of course I had, but not from him.

I know I said it wasn't me in the video so he has every right to ignore me. But a part of me hoped he would forgive me.

After 5 minutes I heard another knock on the door. My mother walked in before I could say anything.

"Wilhelm you have literally done nothing yet. Hurry up, you still have to sign papers." She looked around my room, "and clean up your room, it's a mess in here."

I rolled my eyes and finally grabbed my outfit and put Erik's suit back in the closet.

When I got downstairs I saw my mother sitting behind her computer. She probably had royal shit to arrange.

I walked to the kitchen and saw that all the dishes for dinner were ready. The chef waved awkwardly and I did the same.

I walked to my mother and finished the papers that I had to sign. It had something to do with my future. But I didn't really care what was on it.
__________________

The guests all arrived and they were greeted by my mother. She shook hands awkwardly with everyone and made a small talk with everyone.

My father, on the contrary, was staring at the floor. He probably didn't want to be here
either.

My father gets along well with everyone and everything, but he hates the crowds. Which is actually kind of weird because he literally married a queen. So he should get used to it.