Pilot

Inside of a small convenience store in San Francisco, California, a man with long red hair, a beard, and a pair of glasses, appearing to be the owner of the business, can be seen working behind the counter. 

While on the job, he speaks on the phone with a friend, comforting them over a failed relationship.

Bearded Man: Sorry to hear about that. Things like that are never easy. ...Well, yeah. ...You know what they say. Time heals all wounds. ...Right. So, you remember that photo we talked about, from Hawaii? Did you ever get around to sending me a copy of it? ...Right, well whenever you get a chance, man. (he then notices a commotion out on the street) Look, there seems to be something going on outside my shop. I'm gonna go have a look, okay? ...Alright, talk to you later. Bye!

The man hangs up the phone. He rounds out from behind the counter and goes to investigate a gathering of people in front of the store, stepping outside and joining the crowd. 

With a thunderous roar, the sky explodes into a bright flash of white light. The intense heat of the wind hits, instantly burning the flesh off the bones of the man, and the crowd, while everything else around them is completely reduced to dust and ash.

.

.

.

.

.

On April 3rd, 1986, a bomb had been detonated in San Francisco, with the massive explosion killing countless innocent civilians. This sudden devastating incident was an attack by Russia as one final act of retaliation on the US toward the end of the Soviet-American War. 

Some time after the bombing, an alliance by the Soviet Union and the United States was formed, called the Russo-American Coalition, or RAC, allowing leaders of both the US and USSR, to meet and discuss policy and current events in presidential conferences, and in order to prevent any more catastrophic events similar to San Francisco from happening again. While this occurred, an influx of Russian immigrants moved into the US, settling in its cities and upsetting its citizens. Then, a large group known as the Russian Mafia had emerged within the criminal underworld of Miami, Florida and significantly grew in power, cornering the drug trade and forming political connections with RAC executives.

In the year 1989, three years after the attack, a non-profit patriotic organization known as 50 Blessings was formed to stand against America's Russian oppressors while establishing itself as a peaceful and non-coercive operation.

During this time, multiple people wearing animal masks began single-handedly attacking several businesses and criminal operations, murdering dozens of people, specifically targeting the Russian Mob.

These well-organized attacks against the Mob quickly attracted the media's attention. Journalists and reporters were quick to put the massacres in Miami, along  with the Mafia's activities in the spotlight, spawning tons of newspaper reports, and even drawing the attention of Miami's police force, with the authorities marking the murders and the Mafia as their top priority.

In retaliation, the Russian Mafia had killed several masked killers during their assaults, as well as captured a handful of other unlucky assailants, brutally torturing the survivors for information regarding who they might work for, but either did not speak out of defiance or could not give any substantial information on the killings. Regardless, the captured masked murderers were killed by their captors.

Being one of the many individuals to be associated with the masked killings, a thrill-seeking young man in his mid-20's had become a killer participating in taking down operations linked to the Mafia. And like every other operative, once the man had signed up, he suddenly began receiving cryptic phone calls left on his answering machine to fulfill seemingly innocent tasks, but in reality, are assassination contracts. Happy to comply with the messages at first, this particular person chooses to use his own turquoise motorcycle helmet as a mask to hide his identity rather than the notable animal masks given out to operatives.