Forsaken

It was a rainy day and it felt as if it would never end. That's how it felt to Jessie Burns as she sat in this little quiet café sipping her tea. She had thoughts running through her head as she peered out the window again.

Flashback

It was a year earlier and she was in the apartment with her first love Shane. They had been together for a few months now and Jessie was on the brink of tears when Shane told her that he would be on tour for six months.

"You can't leave me now!" she cried into her hands as she rocked back and forth.

"I have to. This is my job Jessie. I thought you understood that love."

"But why can't I go with you then? Then we could be together!"

Shane shakes his head sadly, "Louis won't let us. And you know as well as I do that when he says something, we must listen."

"I hate him! I hate him!" she cries and flings herself into Shane's arms.

"I know. But I will be back with you in no time." he says, stroking her back.

They stood there for moments just clinging onto each other. Shane didn't want to let go, but he knew that he had to go.

"I'm sorry Jessie, but it's time to go." he said wiping a tear from her cheek.

"I'll miss you." she said in a whisper.

He turned and grabbed his bags and left the apartment. Shane never looked back to her to see her shed more tears and collapse to the floor.

End of Flashback

Jessie stared out the window again and was lost in her thoughts when a baby's cry was heard. She looked down and smiled, "Hello Shane." she said and picked up the baby.

She was pregnant when Shane left and that was the last she had seen of him. She was furious at first, but realized that she had something of him that he could never take from her. Their son.

"Wonder if daddy will be in today?" she asked her son as his hazel eyes looked up at her.

Just then the door bells rang and she looked up. Shane had just come through the door. He stopped in his tracks when he saw her and his eyes grew big when he saw the baby that was in her arms.

"Jessie?" he asked.

"Hello Shane. Welcome home." she said smiling.

"Who's this?" he asked cautiously.

"This is your son Shane Andrew."

"I have a son?" he said gobsmacked.

"Yes you do."

"Oh Jessie, if only I knew!" he said, hugging them both.

"Well you do now." she said and Shane held her closer.

"Remind me to never leave you again." he said grinning evilly.

"And that means?"

"That Shane here stays with my parents and we get a night to ourselves."

She raises an eyebrow, "Now that's my kind of idea."

They leave Shane with his grandparents and take off to a location unknown; doing god knows what (WE ALL KNOW WHAT)....

And so this is the end, for now.