▪︎■ 52 ■▪︎

▪︎■ Ainara Moreno ■▪︎

The sun burned on my head and left the air flickering from the searing heat. Adrin and I had decided to stop by in the small town I was born and raised in, to give Emilio the end he deserved and to later show Elia around a little. The police wasn't dangerous anymore, Miguel took care of that by 1. taking over the colombian mafia, altogether with the corrupt politicians and police men, and by 2. letting them know Emilio was no more through a gift- the gang tattoo he had on his underarm, cut out to send it to them.

Copycat. He got that one from me.

Still, there was no chance for us to stay here. Probably never again. My past made it too risky and I also couldn't ask that of Adrin. He was sweating like he ran a marathon from the heat, even as the hot blooded italian he was.

Currently we were at the unofficial graveyard a few minute drive away from the center of the little city.

I looked down to my feet and my eyes fell to the tombstone. José Gutiérrez was written on it in simple cursive lettering.

I felt arms wrap themself around my waist from behind and shortly after I felt Adrin press a kiss onto my hair while he embraced me. I brought my hand up to touch his underarm and let it rest there, leaning against him without minding the heat of our bodies, pressed together under the merciless sun.

"You alright?" he asked.

"Yes," I answered, grateful I had someone who bothered to ask.

"I've got the shovels. Whenever you're ready, amore, we're completely alone. No one in sight."

They wouldn't come anyway, because no ordinary women or men would step one foot onto this graveyard. That's exactly how it looked like, too. The only people who did were gang members, to dig a hole for those collegues that had been an important part of the mafia and died.

"Let's do this then," I answered before taking a shovel and doing the same as Adrin- putting on gloves. We would need them...

We were digging until Adrin reached the coffin.

That bastard doesn't even deserve a coffin. My father had to rott on the streets, what did he do to deserve that?

He looked at me and I nodded, therefore confirming to continue our plan. Together, we opened the coffin and immediately I covered my nose from the smell which was hard to bear. 

"Ew," I choked out with disgust written all over my face. "Are those bugs?! Hell nah! You have to get his boney ass out of there alone, I can't touch that."

Adrin just looked at me and laughed. "Fine. You'll have to get Emilio then."

"Gladly," I answered with a last disgusted glance at all the insects. I walked over to the car which Miguel had already organized for us.

For the second time I opened the trunk and was met with the unpleasant sight of Emilio.
I smiled, overly sweet, as I told him he would come with me now before temporarly knocking him out with the handle of the shovel.

Hopefully he'll be awake when he will get what he deserves.

Only moments later I was next to Adrin again, Emilio- still knocked out, laying on the ground next to the disorganized bonez of Gutiérrez.

"You really touched those," I said referring to what was left of Gutiérrez.