Chapter 1

I sat by the window, wondering, thinking about things i can't seem to put together, nothing made sense.

I could hear the squeaks of nurses shoes, the chats between doctors and the patients family. Some doctors would carry the message of joy, they would give the message of a new life while some would carry a terrifying news, a message so painful no one would ever imagine hearing it.

I for one was among one of those people, awaiting for the upcoming message. My curiosity kept killing me from within, is today really the last time i would get to see her, or will we get a chance to start all over again.

"Mr.jake?"

A doctor standing right above me, he looked so strong and overpowering it felt as if i had no strength left in me.

"yes? that's me."

i said as I stood up, and replied calmly as i could, but it sounded more like as if i wasn't even sure about who is was.

"your wife is in an induced coma, she isn't able to breathe on her own and if we remove her from the vent she would most likely get a stroke and eventually die."

I felt like a piece of me was ripped apart, i stumbled and fell back on the bench next to me.

"sss..so nn..now what?"

"we are hoping that she starts breathing again, only then can we help her, but until then i am afraid there is nothing we can do, except pray."

The doctor patted me on the shoulder and left quietly like a ghost. I for one did not know what to do, i wanted to scream out loud and cry like i have never cried before. How could she just leave me like this?

I had to see her. I needed to talk to her, to look at her and remember who i fell in love with. She needs to hear me, and understand how important it is for us to stay alive, and relive a new life, a new beginning.

a nurse passed by.

"excuse me, can i see my wife?"

"oh! yes of course sir, could you wait for a minute?"

i nodded my head, as a smile spread across my face on the thought of being able to see my love again.