𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

Once you arrived at the hospital, you walked straight to the front desk.

"Hi there, how can I help?" the lady at the front desk smiled up at you. "Hi, i'm here to see Tara, Tara Carpenter?" you asked.

"Yes, of course, second floor, room G47" she said politely. "Thank you so much" you thanked the lady and walked away.

You opened the door to Tara's room and saw all your friends stood around her bed. Sam was knelt down in front of Tara, hugging her, and there was a man, who you already know as Richie, stood beside them.

"Hey, sorry i'm late" you breathed out. Richie turned around to see who had opened the door, and raised his brows once he realised it was you. You also raised your brows and looked him up and down quickly.

You walked over and stood beside Amber. She flashed you a quick smile, and you returned the action. Tara and Sam broke away from the hug, then Tara turned to look at you.

"Hey, Y/N" she gave you a soft smile. "Hey T, how you feeling?" you placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, acting like your girlfriend wasn't the one who put her in this bed.

"I'm okay..for now. Just a little shaken" she said truthfully. You nodded and she turned back to Sam.

"You came" she said, looking between her eyes.

"Of course I came" Sam put a hand on her shoulder. She stood up and turned to Richie. "This is my boyfriend, Richie"

"It is so nice to meet you," Bullshit, you thought. "—and i'm sorry if i'm intruding" he said softly. Tara lifted up her hand as if to gesture a hello. "Nice to meet you too" she forced a smile.

Sam came around to the other side of Tara's bed to you and your friends, and hugged you all, starting with Mindy, then Wes.

"Thank you for calling" she whispered in his ear. "Of course" he replied.

They broke apart, then Sam turned to you, and hugged you. Amber glared daggers at the back of Sam's head. "It's nice to see you again, Y/N" she muttered. "You too Sam" you rubbed her back, then you both pulled away and she walked back to Richie's side.

"These are the twins, Chad and Mindy" she pointed at them, and they raised their hands at Richie, indicating a 'hello'. "And this is Wes, and Y/N" You both smiled at him.

"I used to babysit them all" she said to Richie, completely blanking Amber like she didn't used to babysit her too. "Which is always, how I liked to be introduced" Wes spoke.

You all chuckled lowly, then Sam turned to Amber. "And Amber, hey." Amber gave her an awkward smile "Hey. It's uh, nice to see you" You nearly snorted—their unspoken dislike for each other was quite funny to you, the fact they haven't got over it even after all these years.

"Uh hi, i'm Richie" Richie turned to her. Both you and Amber shared a glance, then looked back at him. She gave him an awkward smile too. "Hi" she said bluntly.

"Where's mom?" Sam asked Tara. "She's stuck at a conference in London" she replied quickly "She called me earlier"

"Yeah, for all ten minutes" Amber mumbled, folding her arms. Tara looked down at her lap as if in shame. "Look, guys. Tara's really tired. Maybe we should just give her some space" Amber suggested. You nodded.

"Yeah, of course" Wes said, along with Chad and Mindy who nodded.

As everyone was slowly heading out, Tara spoke up. "Not you, Sam" Sam turned around quickly. "I want you to stay" Tara pleaded. Sam nodded. "Okay"

"Oh right, not us though" Chad said, getting the hint and swiftly heading out with Mindy and Wes. You stayed with Amber who still stood next to Tara's bed.