Radiant Sunlight

TW: None that I can think of
(Stratus is my OC, yes I ship them with Riley)

"Sunlight, can I ask you something?"
"Yes, Scout. What is it?"
"How did you guys decide you wanted to fuse?"
Sunlight thought for a moment, tapping their chin.
"Well.. we didn't decide to. At least, not at first." They chuckled.
"Oh.." The half-gem looked up. "Then, how did it happen the first time?"
"That's my favorite part of the story. So, many, many eons ago.. Stratus was about to be shattered."
Scout gasped a little at the sound of the word 'shattered'.
Sunlight gave them a reassuring pat on the head. "Don't worry. Because Riley didn't let it happen."
"Did she fight them all?"
"Heh, not exactly. But I wouldn't doubt that she would've. Anyway, just as Stratus had accepted their fate... Riley rushed over, disobeyed all orders, and-"
"Sunlight was born!" Scout said happily.
"That's right. Sunlight was born.. but, the thing is, Homeworld looks down on fusions. If you were found to be fusing with another gem.. you would be shattered. Right then and there. Makes no sense, since they're also responsible for forcing gems to fuse so that they may be used as weapons or test subjects." Sunlight sighed. "It's sad. But that's what we're fighting to put an end to."
Scout nodded. "Uh-huh.. and why did you guys decide to keep fusing after that?"
Sunlight smiled. "Only the best reason to fuse- love."
"Do you think I'll find someone who loves me some day, too?"
"I know you will."
"How?" Head tilt.
Sunlight tapped their visor as it flashed a warm yellow. "Future sight."
"Whoaaa.. can you show me?!" Scout's eyes twinkled.
Sunlight chuckled, shaking their head. "That'd ruin the fun of it."
"Huh. I guess so!"
"I will say this. Your future is a bright one, Scout."
"Really?"
"Of course. Almost as radiant as me." They said as their visor flashed orange.
"Your Riley is showing."
"I know. I like me."