71.

Amara

Amara

After my family and I finished prepping the food items and seeing as Cotton came here with his car, we took advantage of both vehicles and loaded everything in the trunks. In Luke's car we loaded the array of food we made and in Cotton's car, which I'm riding in to the Villa, stocked the drink items.

It was already 4:30pm and the ride to our destination was 2 hours long, so I quickly phoned Damien to let him know that we're running late. The reason for this is because Luke and Cotton spent at least a half hour out of our cooking schedule to argue about whose sauce Mango BBQ Sauce or Cotton's Balsamic Herb Sauce. However, there was a big twist to the argument and they both scowled after finding out that mom and I already used a Red Wine sauce to sauté the meat.

I cackle along the way at how much Cotton was still arguing about the sauce like it was some big deal.

"It IS a big deal Mars, it's all in the sauce, the texture, the flavour, the taste, the sensation it confers on your taste buds," he continues on and I had to remind him that he was driving.

"Well it goes into your stomach the same way," I mumble under my breath.

"So, when do you think Lucien will properly propose to you?" Cotton sparks a new conversation at a red light.

I look down to my lap and took the hem of my dress between my fingers and start picking at a loose thread. "I don't know, I mean when he's ready of course. I still do think, however, that everything just feels forced and rushed, like if Clarissa didn't come and threaten us, would he have still proposed?"

I look over to Cotton who was already staring down at me with an unreadable expression.

"What?" I hiss.

He rolls his eyes. "Of course Lucien would've proposed to you still Mars and I think the situation just gave him that extra boost of courage, that motivation to propose sooner rather than waiting for later when you don't know what the outcome will be." I suppose he was right. Cotton's always right and he always knew what to say in any given moment. I just wish that people threatening our lives weren't the reason why Lucien would ask me and that we were in a romantic moment.

Even if I'm thinking way too much into the matter, I wouldn't even care if we were in the middle of a zombie apocalypse and he proposed, I would've still said yes....then possibly get eaten alive.

Point is, no matter where we are, as long as him and I are in each other's presence.

We were moving again with just a few minutes between us and reaching our destination. I heave a sigh to bring myself back to reality.

"Well I'm very excited on the new journey we're about to embark as individuals and as lovers. The future is bright for us and even though I'm a little fearful about what's to come, I trust that my God will bring us lifelong happiness, prosperity, good health and rid the demons in our lives as we know them as Clarissa De La Fosse and Brad Sullivan!" I say with a little enthusiasm.

"That's my girl!! You say it sister!!" Cotton screeches, banging his hands on the steering wheel, accidentally hitting the horn. We both went into a state of laughter.

"God I love you Cee, you always know how to make a girl happy," I said, rubbing his padded shoulder. "Not to mention how happy YOU have been these past couple of days."

He chuckles. "Undeniably happy. Sylvia and I are doing really great, 2 years and going strong. We were talking about moving in together when she gets relocated..." he trails off.

I furrow my eyebrows. "Wait Syl and I talked about this. Relocated to Boston not so?"

He nods.

"Cee, that's huge! And of course I'll support you both 100%. I'm like a proud mom right now," I breathed. We both found our special person. College really brought amazing people into our lives.

"You're not at all upset that I won't be a few hours away?"

"Cee, we've known each other since before we were even born. You'll always be in my heart because you're a huge part of it. If someone asked me if I'd ever trade my bestfriend for the world I'd decline, because you're one of the reasons why I matter. We're getting older and both have our own lives, but we're never going to grow apart. We're like this," I say, intersecting my fingers together, "and I'll always be here for you."

His lips stretched into a grin as he lowers his shoulders. "Thanks Mars, you're the greatest person in the whole world."

I smirk at his compliment and whip my sleek ponytail to the side. "Of course, who's better than me?"

"Don't get too cocky now."

***

If you're liking this story, don't forget to vote and leave a nice review! xoxo