Drink And Dance

"I never thought you would show up." Nathaniel grinned.

"You called. How could I ever refuse the love of this fucking town. I didn't had the heart to refuse the lady of the house either. Here I am."

"I really hoped you would show up in red love, you look ravishing in red. You should've listened."

"I wore this on purpose, sunshine." Elena showed off her forest gown.

"You couldn't have taken pity in the words of a soon-gonna-die man and gave in?"

"I simply didn't want to give you that pleasure. You don't deserve it. "

"You're playing hard to get. I swear, I'll be unavailable after this day. So this is your last chance to announce your undying love to me, sweetheart."

"Just enjoy your last moments. Drink, talk, dance, whatever. Your day, the empire is yours, for tonight."

"What good is the empire? I'd sell it all out to get to you, love. My burning love, can't you see it?" He laughed.

"You should've gave up a long time ago. You would've lived."

The lady of the house, Helena Dawn stood and proclaimed;
"My nephew, well my son is stepping in as the rightful heir to the family business. Thank you all for being here. Enjoy! Dance and drink till your mind is full. "

Nathaniel smiled and offered her his hands.
"Please. Dance with me. As my last wish."

She gave in. Soon they began to waltz.

"You know, they're staring at us. The devil is enjoying the scene. I would love to wipe that smile off her. "

"Eyes on the target darling. You're forgetting the victim here. Give me some attention too , won't you?
Love, I wouldn't mind drowning to death, in your eyes. Can I choose? "

"Use your last words wisely, I would not want to die saying that. It ain't fit for the dying words of THE Nathaniel Dawn."

"I disagree, It's fit for this lover boy to die trying to flirt with the killer girl. It fits damn well."

"Quit it Nate. I'll kill you sooner. I was planning to give you more time."

"Because you'll miss my gorgeous face. Say it honey. Confess. No shame now.

Oh dear Nate, sweet love, I'm in love with you. My heart is burning with all the love it is hiding. "

She smiled a little.
This clown, stupid clown. Should've ran the moment he got the information.

She's not smiling anymore.

"Is it gonna be painful?

"Never had the experience. Can't say anything about it."

He laughed.
God, he sure is gorgeous. Bless him.

"Poison. It's gonna be swift. A moment of pain and it's done." Elena said softly. "It's the best I could do. They wanted to shoot you because the poison failed once, but I insisted. Don't wanna do that.
You were a fun mission, honey. "

"I know I'm fun, you know, we could've had more fun together. " He winked at her. "And I'll try drinking the pain away."

"Why didn't you run?"

"I can't run right now, can I? "

"I don't think so."

"A moment of pain, it is."
They stopped dancing and joined the drinking counter.

"It's so great that you were able to join us Elena!" The devil joined. The pride of money has consumed her, and the greed. To her own nephew, she is doing this.

Elena's family and their choices to make money. She could not turn back now.

"Of course! It's my pleasure. Couldn't turn down Lady Dawn's invitation. Thank you for the invite."

"Pleasure is all mine." Mischeif managed to take the form of a smile in her face.

Soon the play started to progress.

The waitress, whom Elena recognized as Layla made the entrance with the entry letter to the land of the dead.
Three glasses, perfect, as they planned.

Elena took two cups and offered Nathaniel his drink and he accepted without any hesitation.
She handed the other to Helena Dawn.

"To Nate."

"To me."

Helena smiled and left to attend her guests.

"It's burning. It's taking over me." Nathaniel cried, tears forming in his eyes.

"Sure it's not your undying burning love for me sweetheart?"

Elena sighed and closed her eyes.

"Don't- I wanna see you. Your eyes. I never lied. I loved you, I love you." He was choking as the time ticked off. A glorious laughter was heard from Ms. Dawn and her companies. Her eyes were on him.

"Stupid love. You broke the heart of young men and women left and right, now you're in love, with me? I was just another flame for you. "

He took another drink from a passing waiter and swallowed it, and another one.

He chocked hardly.
"Gonna die. Only regret, not kissing you. "

"Coward."

He kept choking and the music and dance did not let anyone give him the required attention.

"Huh?"

"And a liar." She looked into the glimmering eyes of dying Nathaniel.
"Kiss me."

"HUH? I'm hearing you correctly or what? Wanna die with me? The poison will- " He laughed.

Elena kissed him.
She was dying for this moment.

"Now I'm dying-"

The perfect moment was ruined by the shattering scream from Lady Dawn.

The perfect moment was decorated by the screams of Helena.

"Finally, I was worried that the poison wouldn't work for snakes. "

"Aunty Hele- what-"

"Who would've thought? The lover boy can't take a drink without dying." Elena laughed.

Nathaniel passed out from the strong alcohol.

Helena's struggle soon ended too, forever.

"Whoops, wrong person?" Layla chuckled, passing drink to Elena. "You're telling Mum."

"I will be taking responsibility."

"You will be doing that, yes.
Helena will be burning in the deep for trying to deprive us of this young sweetheart. Doesn't she know that the Earth is having a shortage for cute gentlemen?" Layla giggled.

"God, that felt grand.
They're right, it fucking burns, love. "

Elena laughed, sipping her drink, with passed out Nate to her side.