If Silverstream Hadn't Died

Graystripe's eyes were blood shot as he looked at his mate lying on the ground, barely breathing. Her stomach would occasionally rise, and then fall. Cinderpaw kept giving her each herb she needed to strengthen up. Graystripe peered over Silverstream at their kits. Were they okay? His mind wandered. Tigerclaw and Fireheart ahd licked them figurously until they were breathing fine earlier. Oh yes. Tigerclaw. He turned around and met the savage, unapproving gaze of Tigerclaw. "What is going on here Graystripe?" He demanded, baring his teeth at him. "I- I.." Graystripe searched for the right words, but his mind went blank.

It had been several minutes, and Cinderpaw's herbs were helping a ton. Graystripe stood by Fireheart, Silverstream was getting stronger every minute. The kits were already nursing, and Silverstream looked over at her mate, her eyes filled with love. "They're beautiful." Graystripe walked over to his mate and peered over her stomach, looking at the nursing kits. "They are." Fireheart padded up behind him and looked at the tiny kits. "Aww. Hey but you cats are still crazy for doing this!" Graystripe let out a chuckle, and then considered what Fireheart had said with a shudder. Tigerclaw looked at him savagely. "What do you mean, Fireheart, for doing this? These are your kits aren't they," he said, his vicious gaze set on Graystripe. Fireheart's eyes widened, and he cursed himself under his breath.

Graystripe sat in a small circle with Cinderpaw and Fireheart, talking in hushed voices. "What clan will they go to.." Cinderpaw said, her head tilted to the side. "Also- will you and Silverstream move clans? Ya know- for the kits sake?" Graystripe considered what she was saying, and thought, "So- maybe I could go and live in Riverclan..? Or Silverstream could come to Thunderclan? Well-" his thoughts were broke as Silverstream let out a yelp. He ran as fast as he could to her side, along with Fireheart and Cinderpaw, but was surprised to see her eyes shining bright, and a purr rising in her throat. "Wha-?" Graystripe questioned. Silverstream met his gaze, and he padded closer to her, bending his head down to her's. "The she-kit opened her eyes. I think I have her a name too- Featherkit, and the other kit can be Stormkit. Do you like the names?" "No- i don't like them," Silverstream's jaw dropped and she was about to snap a reply when," I love them." Graystripe let out a chuckle, and Silverstream puffed a sigh of relief and rolled her eyes in a playful manner at her mate. 

Cinderpaw picked up Stormkit and Silverstream gently picked up Featherkit. Fireheart and Graystripe stood on both sides of Silverstream, supporting her, and Tigerclaw just looked at the cats. "What are we waiting around for you stupid fox hearts?" He snapped, clearly impatient. "So.. where are we even taking you and the kits," questioned Fireheart, a hint of worry in his tone as he looked to his side at Silverstream. "Well.. I guess I can stay in Thunderclan for now and while i'm there make the.. decision," her voice wavered on the word, decision. "Okay, so bring you back to Thunderclan for now.. How's Crookedstar gonna feel about that?" Graystripe questioned, sheer concern lacing his voice. "I- I don't know.." Silverstream murmured, fear for her mate, herself, and her kits clear as day. "Bluestar or Crookedstar won't like it, and I don't blame them. You two shouldn't have done this in the first place. What were you thinking you mouse brains?!"

The five cats padded along, tension heavy in the air. What would Bluestar do when he walked into camp with a Riverclan she-cat who had just had his kits? Graystripe thought as he walked towards camp with the four other cats. Would he be called a traitor, and driven out of his clan to be a rogue? It was a possibility. What about his beloved mate and kits? What would happen to them?

It felt as if everything in the whole world had went quiet as the five cats approached the Thunderclan camp entrance. "Get ready," Tigerclaw said, his gaze fixed on Graystripe, Fireheart, and Silverstream. Graystripe heard as Silverstream let in a sharp breath, and one of the kittens let out a loud mew. They walked in the entrance, and the whole clan was alerted. They all just stared for a second, and then here flew the questions. "Is that a Riverclan cat?" Yowled Brackenfur, who had recently been made a warrior. "Is that her kits?" Questioned Sandstorm. "Why did you mouse brains bring her here?!" Growled Darkstripe from the shadows. "Silence!" Yowled Bluestar from atop her rock. The whole clan fell silent, and their gaze all fell on the five cats in the entrance.