~ Friends ~

'The pain,' she thought. 'They've abandoned me! It hurts, it really does. It hurts as if they killed me... but I'm still alive. I will wait here. I still have some hope, that they will
come to save me. In about an hour the beasts in human skin will come to torture me with their electronic thing.'

It's been four years, four really long years, for Madelyn. Her parents had send her to this clinic. They've send her here because Madelyn is different from all the other kids. Madelyn could see things, humans whom passed away in this life. In other words, Madelyn could see ghosts.

Madelyn could play with them for hours. It freaked her parents out. They often asked Madelyn to stop playing with the ghosts. Madelyn mostly answered that her friends, as she called them, were really nice and that there was absolutely nothing to be afraid of.

But this time was different. Her mother asked if Madelyn would want to go outside for once. However, Madelyn didn't want to. 'I have friends in side the house, mommy. Why would I go outside if I can play right here?' She said.

Her father then asked were those friends were. 'They are right there, daddy.' Madelyn said pointing at the chair at the other side of the room. 'Can't you see the nice Lady in the Red dress, daddy?' This point of her life, this moment, Madelyn will always remember.

Her mother called the police. 'We have a daughter who believes in ghosts. Please, sir, you've got to help her' not long after that, the police came. They took Madelyn with them. Madelyn screamed and yelled, but her parents didn't do anything to help Madelyn, who was only six at that time. They just stood there. Along with the nice Lady in Red.

'didn't they love me? I'm their daughter, right? Wasn't I good enough? Did they hate me? This will be the last time. This is going to be the end. I'll die this time. I'll finally be able to rest.' Madelyn's last thought as the last of many electric shocks went through her brain.

Four long years of pain, suffering and loneliness had finally come to an end. And as Madelyn reaches the end of the tunnel, she remembers the nice Lady in Red. 'I can't rest yet! I need to find her. I need to find my friend!' So she went back to earth, to her parent's home. Only to find her friend. 'I knew you'd come back here. I have waited for you, Madelyn. Now, come with me, follow me to the afterlife!' The nice Lady in Red said.

~~~~~~~

Heey, my readers! I hope you enyoyed reading this story. And as always; if I made mistakes, please do tell me so I can fix them as quickly as possible.